.NET Exception

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

.NET Exception

Postby verance » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:38 am

Getting a .NET framework exception trying to open the app today?

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'EO.WebBrowser, Version=20.3.63.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'EO.WebBrowser, Version=20.3.63.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc'
at Betting_Assistant.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
verance

Re: .NET Exception

Postby verance » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:06 am

I copied the EO dlls from an unaffected machine to the affected one and now it works! Not sure what went wrong
verance

Postby Marshy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:06 pm

I am getting exactly the same error when trying to start BA. Two of us getting the same problem on the same day suggests something has updated that is causing the problem. I'm not sure what the EO DLLs are that verance copied but I will take a look this evening to see what I can do. If anybody else has any ideas it would be appreciated.
Thanks

System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'EO.WebBrowser, Version=20.3.63.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
File name: 'EO.WebBrowser, Version=20.3.63.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=e92353a6bf73fffc'
at Betting_Assistant.Main.Main_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Marshy

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi,

If you get this type of problem I would recommend doing a manual re-install.
Go into Windows Control Panel and uninstall and then re-install via our downloads page:-
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/downloads.asp

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Marshy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:05 pm

Thanks for the tip Mark. I reinstalled and it worked first time. I've been using Betting Assistant for over 10 years and think that is the first time I've had a technical issue. Brilliant bit of software, well done guys.
Marshy
Marshy

Postby Deestar » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:36 am

Hi

I've tried to move to the latest version this morning to solve the slow market loading as highlighted here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10918

I'm now getting the same .NET Exception error as above. I've done a complete uninstall/re-install but to no avail. Same error comes up when I try and log on. This is on my VPS - loads fine on my local machine. Any idea on what else I need to install on the VPS to get it to work?

Also is the latest version less CPU hungry as per discussion here:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10903
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:39 am

Sounds like it's trying to auto update to the previous version.

1. Uninstall then reinstall version 1.3.1.0
2. Do not open using the shortcut. Instead find "C:\Program Files (x86)\Betting Assistant\Betting Assistant.exe" in Windows Explorer and double click to launch.
3. After logging in and markets loaded close the application. The shortcut should now work without attempting auto update.

I am still looking into the high CPU issue so you will probably have the same issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:48 am

Thanks. I will try again when I get a quiet period (prob Monday morning). But i'm certain i was loading from the non update shortcut as i have been doing that as routine because I'm still running v47.

So when I uninstalled and reinstalled to open I linked to C:\Program Files (x86)\Betting Assistant\Betting Assistant.exe instead of the default and got the error. As I say I will try again Monday.
Deestar

Postby Deestar » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:12 am

Got it working. Thanks.
Deestar

Return to Help