CPU Usage Latest Version

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

CPU Usage Latest Version

Postby Deestar » Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi

I've been running version 47 but took the plunge this morning and upgraded to the latest version but I'm still getting significant increases in CPU usage to the point that I'm reluctant to run it on my VPS as it max's out CPU with only a few markets open.

The new versions seems to be calling on a lot of CPU (60%+) when the only thing it is doing is linked to one or more closed markets via Excel. Version 47 only draws around 10% in the same state.

I'm happy to keep using 47 as it works for my needs but obviously that's not a long term solution. Any help appreciated.

MY VPS runs the following spec:

Windows Server 2019 Standard (64bit)
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Gold 5215 CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM 3.00 GB

Thanks
Deestar

Re: CPU Usage Latest Version

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:41 am

I'll look into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:36 pm

Just updated to the latest version 49d. Still getting a CPU spike relative to the version I use (47) but it seems to happen only when a sheet is linked to a closed market in case (hopefully?) you are still investigating.

Thanks
Deestar

Postby Deestar » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:55 am

Hi just asking again. The latest version still max's out my server CPU. The previous version 47 did not. Did you you ever manage to look into this?

Old version (47) is so slow to load markets, i'd like to move up to the latest version but the CPU drain is too much. My server should have ample CPU.

Thanks
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:08 am

I haven't had chance for a while, but I will investigate this more in depth this week. We are also keen for everyone to be on the latest version. A new version will be released in the near future.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:29 am

Thanks. Having watched it, the excess is definitely coming when an excel sheet is linked to a closed market.

For example, linking 3 excel sheets to 3 markets with full stream on; when all three markets were live CPU draw was around 30-35%, if I switched to three previously closed markets the draw was 70-75%. The % relates to the Betting Assistants usage only. No great difference in the excel usage.

My automation doesn't move on until set times before each market, so a lot of sheets can be linking to a closed market at anyone time. If all else fails I can re-code to move on once markets are closed but would obviously prefer not to.

Cheers
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:56 am

Sorry I'm still struggling to reproduce this. I need to try and replicate your environment.

Can you send me a copy of your config file? Select "Open settings folder". It's the file named user.config. If it's a different profile other than default then it's named user_[your profile].config.

If you use the quick link option can you also send me the file named BA_Excel_Workbooks.txt in your documents folder. If it's a different profile then it is named BA_Excel_Workbooks_[your profile].txt

Please email them to admin@gruss-software.co.uk
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:27 am

Emailed these this morning.
Thanks
Deestar

Return to Help