back-f4 question

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

back-f4 question

Postby alrodopial » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:02 pm

Hi,
I just had a case that I placed using excel a BACK-F4 bet just before the actual off,
in next refresh (after 0.3s) the race is in play now, PENDING is in ref cell
next few updates (next 0.6s in total) with PENDING in reff cell (race is in play,
next updates bet is partially matched (race is in play)
bet cancelled after 4secs after further matched partially (race is in play)

Did the bet correctly stayed alive when race turned in play ?
because I think it should have been cancelled
alrodopial

Re: back-f4 question

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:22 am

The bet should have been cancelled by Betfair if it entered the market pre off but the fact it shows as pending may mean it didn't actually reach the market until the race was off.

Can't remember the API request off hand but you can check bet details in fine detail to when it entered the market etc. Think there used to be a section on guess where you could enter the bet ref too but may be mistaken. But from what you say it does seem there may have been some latency issue stopping the bet being accepted and a bet reference returned by Betfair so the bet finally hit the market when it'd turned in running.
Captain Sensible

Re: back-f4 question

Postby alrodopial » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:11 pm

So the bet was actually accepted in play and that's why it stayed alive in running
Time for code changes I think
alrodopial

Return to Help