Forecast Price

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Forecast Price

Postby Charlie » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:22 pm

Apologies for what might be a little bit of a random question.

I have the forecast price turned on as a field and is feeding into my spreadsheets from the api feed all ok. (Im talking UK and IRE horse Racing here)

99.99% of the time the price is correct but sometimes I notice that the price returned is incorrect and if I were to reload the market it then it picks up the new correct price. (I'm not saying its correct if I reload minutes later after my very first load, im talking possibly up to many hours later as if the get value has changed) Ive even noticed a couple of times it might be that a decimal point is missing and (as an example) display as 248 instead of 2.48. Generally though its a complete different price and say 17 displayed the first time and on reload some many hours later is could be 5.

This is causing me issues which can also be costly (tend to be that way although they are limited)

A couple of questions.

1) Is this a get issue with the api and how its returned initially (i am opening many new markets all at the same time and into different tabs so assume not possible to get incorrect "leaking" values that way whilst loading) or is this that its actually Betfair themselves that have put the wrong forecast sp and then amend it some many hours later overnight ?

2) Is there a way I can make it auto pick up any new "amended" returned value without having to reload the market ? Id obviously like any incorrect data to be refreshed automatically into my excel feed without the need for me having to manually reload a market. I obviously dont know its incorrect until ive fired a bet incorrectly (and reviewed the next morning) and im obviously not at the computer to correct it and the formulas think its all ok.

Essentially I guess what Im asking for is the forecast price to be dynamic/live refreshed just like the odds feed every second and not for it just to be populated on initial load of the market.

Thanks
Charlie

Re: Forecast Price

Postby Charlie » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:34 pm

An example I think might be wrong for 5/6/21 (Tomorrow) at this current time of typing is Greenane Lady in the 3.55pm Tramore.

API and Gruss feed currently has it as 11s but I doubt that is correct when most forecast prices (not sure what the feed uses) are around 2/1.

It might be correct, but will refresh market later and see if its changed for this example.

What supplier does the forecast price actually come from. Betfair or some other intervention into the feed?
Charlie

Postby vanbuuts » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:36 pm

I use the forecasted SP from https://www.racing-bet-data.com/today.asp which I believe is the actual morning tissue price.

It seems to differ from the one displayed on gruss so I’m not sure of the origin of it
vanbuuts

Postby Charlie » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 pm

I don't mind what it uses as long as it didn't change or updated dynamically if a change did occur.

18 35 Newton Abbot for tomorrow was loaded into my sheet last night as an example.

Sainte Doctor had a forecast sSP of 6 from Gruss feed.

Refreshed and reloaded market again today and forecast SP is now 2 75 today.

It took me to reload the market to pick up wherever the change comes from.
Charlie

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:03 pm

Hi,

The Excel feed is updated dynamically in real-time.
If the data changes in the feed then it will be updated in the sheet.
If you want to take an initial value of a data element then you will need to add some code to you sheet to copy that data to another part of the sheet where is not updated.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help