refresh rate to fast

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

refresh rate to fast

Postby watso12 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:05 pm

Hi i just purchased gruss for betfair,
I have throttle limit requests set to 1 per second.
But when i conect it to excel it is using more requests than 1 per second
or if i manual change refresh to 0.2 it uses 5 request per second
How can i fix this ?
watso12

Re: refresh rate to fast

Postby Deestar » Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:59 am

Are you trying to avoid data charges? If so there is no need as they did away with the data charges when they brought the new streaming API in.

Otherwise you could set polling refresh to 1 sec I guess if you are doing it for some other reason.
Deestar

Postby watso12 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:56 am

thanks for help , i can't find polling refresh rate anywhere
watso12

Postby Deestar » Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:09 pm

Under betting options have you got full stream ticked? If you want to set the refresh rate, untick and put the rate you want in the box underneath. On excel you can set the refresh rate in cell Q2, again assuming you have unticked streaming.
Deestar

Postby watso12 » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:04 pm

For betfair
i have full stream unticked and 1 per second on the rate underneath
i have throttle limit requests set to 1 per second.
If i open 40 horse races , it is making 40 requests per second

In excel if i set Q2 to 1
it makes 40 requests per second

in betdaq version
with the same setup it only makes 1 call per second

It seems to me the throttle limit requests set to 1 dont work on betfair
Have tested this on desktop pc and laptop
watso12

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:40 am

Hi,

The Throttle request setting only applies to the polling method for requesting price data from Betfair.

With Streaming enabled the data is pushed to the software from the API server in a data stream.
And with streaming the refresh rate dictates how often the display is to be updated which is not the same as how many requests are sent.
Streaming is the most efficient way for the software to receive price data as Betfair only send changes.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help