Laying the field

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Laying the field

Postby Elf » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:34 am

I have been laying the field for all Australian markets for a number of weeks now using LAY-SP trigger. Every now and then, at an approximate average of 200 markets, a number of runners are not matched at SP when it goes in play. Is this a GRUSS problem or a BETFAIR problem. The first couple of times it was in my favour, but the gods have decreed that my luck must change and now I am losing when this happens. Laying this way allows me to make SP even though I don’t meet the Liability criteria though i meet it many times over as a total market.

I am not watching what is happening at the time, but I assume when the trigger first fires, I might be getting an error or something for the runners that will not be matched. Is there a modifier that clears those not accepted by the exchange that can then fire again?

Can anyone help or offer another trigger modifier I can use?
Elf

Re: Laying the field

Postby brumbie » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:45 am

As far as I remember, if the liability does not come to a minimum of $10 them it won't get on. You can only BACK-SP and leave say a minimum of 1000 as SP. That will get on, but a LAY-SP has to be a minimum of $10 liability. I may be wrong and a few of the guys that have been here a while longer will correct me.
brumbie

Postby Elf » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:37 am

Thanks brumbie but if you use a bot, Betfair accept BSP lower than the minimum, at least when your laying the field or the majority of. I’m now using LAYR-SP with my fingers crossed that this fixes the problem. I might go to using several instances of the same system sharing the liability timed to trigger 1 second apart if the problem continues. I think it is just one of those things and maybe no fix.
Elf

Postby alrodopial » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:09 am

Elf wrote:but if you use a bot, Betfair accept BSP lower than the minimum, at least when your laying the field or the majority of

Never heard this before, are you sure?
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:40 am

It's set in the parameters for that betID, alrodopial, makes no difference if it's one or more bets. I imagine he may have had bets matched in the reconciliation process as they were close to the SP, easy enough to check by looking at the matched bet details as that shows if it was BSP or exchange matched.
Captain Sensible

Postby Elf » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:12 am

Actually I may that wrong. I calculate my lays and sometimes they are as low as 0.25AU stake but when converted to BSP it does exceed the $30AU min here, for instance a 400/1 shot. The minimum stake is $5AU, but it matches less using a bot. I think I have this backwards. Sorry about that, it matches lower on the exchange not at BSP. I thought this way for years. Suitably embarrassed at my mistake.
Elf

Return to Help