BA hanging on trying to load market - AUS Gallops

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

BA hanging on trying to load market - AUS Gallops

Postby Happy Harry » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:10 am

BA has been fantastic for many years but on Friday it started to hang. Not on all races but every so often. Yesterday. Saturday was even worse to such an extent that I had to get it to load markets 15 minutes in advance in order to get them to load. Today I did the following to try and fix it.

Uninstalled BA. Reinstalled from the new versions link. 1.3.0.49d which was the version it was already running.
    Shut off MalewareBytes AV
    Reverted to an earlier (good) set of the base excel sheets before loading the selections for today.
    Checked that the machine could access the Router.
    Checked when BA was hung that Firefox could access the internet with no issue.

The log shows "12:44:29:591: Excel sheet:Market. Problem getting market details: R2 1529m 3yo 12:45, error message:System.Exception: marketDetails.runners is nothing
at Betting_Assistant.betfairTabPage.getMarketDetails(String newMarketId, eventTreeNode nde, Boolean fetchMarket, GetMarketResp marketResp) in C:\Betting Assistant\Betfair Trading API Beta\betfairTabPage.vb:line 6125"

by heaps ..... to

"12:55:43:192: Excel sheet:Market. Problem getting market details: R1 2350m Hcap 13:05, error message:System.Exception: marketDetails.runners is nothing
at Betting_Assistant.betfairTabPage.getMarketDetails(String newMarketId, eventTreeNode nde, Boolean fetchMarket, GetMarketResp marketResp) in C:\Betting Assistant\Betfair Trading API Beta\betfairTabPage.vb:line 6125"

The API is up because I can use the standard Netfair screen and load the races no problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Happy Harry

Re: BA hanging on trying to load market - AUS Gallops

Postby Happy Harry » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:18 am

Well this problem has now been ongoing for 4 days.

Today I ran exactly the same sheets on another machine not betting them. So same version of Gruss. Same sheets except set to not fire triggered betting. Not exactly the same version of Windows 10 - the problem machine much more recent patched.

On the problem machine. And it has run BA reliably for many years. Gruss hangs for periods of 3 or 4 minutes. The AR counter stops. The Count Down Timer Stops and Gruss Freezes. I can use Firefox with no problems. I can look at the files in Dropbox and I can Snip Tool Screenshots and save them to the same Dropbox Folder and view then on other machines so there is an Internet Connection. But BA is frozen.

When BA freezes so the the AR timer.

I have also tried clearing the DNS cache. Changing the DNS servers for the LAN Adapter which seemed to help a bit.

Essentially it looks like BA is simply not communicating with the Befair API for minutes at a time.

Now every late in the day so after 7am UK Time on Monday morning there it seems to have come right. Has there been an API issue over the weekend I wonder?
Happy Harry

Postby Happy Harry » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:22 am

Well this problem has now been ongoing for 4 days.

Today I ran exactly the same sheets on another machine not betting them. So same version of Gruss. Same sheets except set to not fire triggered betting. Not exactly the same version of Windows 10 - the problem machine much more recent patched.

On the problem machine. And it has run BA reliably for many years. Gruss hangs for periods of 3 or 4 minutes. The AR counter stops. The Count Down Timer Stops and Gruss Freezes. I can use Firefox with no problems. I can look at the files in Dropbox and I can Snip Tool Screenshots and save them to the same Dropbox Folder and view them on other machines so there is an Internet Connection. But BA is frozen.

When BA freezes so does the AR timer.

I have also tried clearing the DNS cache. Changing the DNS servers for the LAN Adapter which seemed to help a bit.

Essentially it looks like BA is simply not communicating with the Befair API for minutes at a time.

Now very late in the day so after 7am UK Time on Monday morning there it seems to have come right. Has there been an API issue over the weekend I wonder?
Happy Harry

Postby brumbie » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:39 pm

I load the Aus gallops everyday with no problems at all.I run them all day, I am using version 1.3.1.0.
Maybe try that :)
Other things to consider, have you checked your spreadsheet size? You may have inadvertently added something that has increased the mb size too much, or perhaps something that is causing it to freeze(formulas, macros etc).
Anyway, try 1.3.1.0 perhaps.
brumbie

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:15 am

Thanks for the assistance.

Now fixed and this was the solution. Run in an Adminstrator Privilages DOS Command Window.

"netsh int ip reset is a command in windows to reset the TCP/IP. TCP/IP stands for transmission control protocol/Internet Protocol, it is a type of protocol used to communicate with other computers. If TCP/IP is not functioning then you would not be able to browse, even though if your computer is able to ping other Ip addresses and still if you are not able to pull up any webpages then reset the TCP/IP by using the above command.

netsh winsock reset is a command in windows to recover the computer from any socket errors which arise when you download some unknown file, or due to some malicious script on the computer.

Winsock settings contain your computer's configuration for Internet connectivity. Winsock errors can occur when the settings get corrupted, usually because of spyware or Web browser hijacking. If you are having trouble opening websites, it could be due to corrupted Winsock settings."

HH
Happy Harry

Return to Help