Not loading

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Not loading

Postby tangerine333 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:05 am

For a couple of days the application has frozen during set up. It stops at the same place all the time. When roughly 50% of "fetching markets" is complete. I was using an older version. So today I uninstalled it and installed newest version from yiur website. Still having exact same problems. Have uninstalled and re-installed several times. Could you please advise.

Thank you in advance

Michael
tangerine333

Re: Not loading

Postby Happy Harry » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:56 am

Hello Michael.

I wonder are you sure it is not the same problem I had - see the post below.

One of the characteristics was that exactly as you describe it would not load the markets either hanging and timing out on the log in - I use an auto login process - which leaves a blank grey screen or getting past that and hanging with 50% of the "fetching markets" bar processed. For me it did not do that every single time and sometimes the markets would load, BA would start, run a race or two and then timeout. Then after a while 2 to 5 mins come back to life process another couple of races and then freeze again.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby Barb » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:51 am

After 1.3.0.49d was released the markets were loading very quickly. However, I too have found the market-loading process to be quite slow over the past couple of days. It's taking as long as it did before 49d was released.
Regards
Baz
Barb

Postby Barb » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:58 am

To clarify my previous post: for the past three or four days, the loading of the day's markets into the BA interface, at startup, has been as slow as it was before 49d was released. I've had no problems with 49d until now. I'm referring to the initial loading of the markets at startup of BA, before I load anything into the market list for the current tab or perform any other actions.
Barb

Postby tangerine333 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:42 am

Hello HH,
Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have read your post and seen how you fixed what could be also my problem. Unfortunately, my technical skills stop at the switching on of my laptop. So am not able to follow your advice
tangerine333

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:11 am

Hi,

The Market Loading in version 1.3.0.49d should only take a few seconds.

We have not seen any issue since the release of this version.

You could be having a local issue which is affecting the loading.

If you continue to see slow loading then please email a copy of your diagnostic log file which records any errors encountered by the software which may help identify what is causing the issue on your computer.

To find the log file go to the Options Menu in the software and select 'Open Settings Folder'
A File Explorer window will open where you will find the Diagnostic Logs folder.
In the folder you will find log files for each date that you used the software.
The files are named with the date forming part of the name.
Email a log from a date where you had the problem and send it to admin@gruss-software.co.uk

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Barb » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:52 am

Thanks for the advice, Mark. It was a little faster today. I'm going to get a new laptop next week as I have 'suspicions' about my current machine. I'll forward the logs if the problem persists. Thanks again.
Baz
Barb

Postby Happy Harry » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:10 am

Hello all.

I am now more than week after making the change I flagged. And BA is now back to its happy self. Has not missed a beat for the last 11 days. Absolutely flawless. So Mark et all. Others will no doubt have other issues but after a period of misery things have been exactly as they were for so many years. Solid and reliable.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby brumbie » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Good to see you Happy Harry :o
brumbie

Return to Help