Betfair log in

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Betfair log in

Postby brumbie » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:33 am

Recently Betfair suspended my account due to various IP addresses being noticed. I sorted it out thinking it was because my IP was dynamic. Nevertheless, I have since noted that my account is being logged into by a GB IP address (I live in Australia) every few hours throughout the night when I use Betfair for the UK market. This IP is the same each time and leads back to a firm called Krystal web, which is a UK based hosting site. Has this anything to do with Gruss or should I be concerned?
brumbie

Re: Betfair log in

Postby brumbie » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:12 pm

I have tried messaging both Gary and Mark but it seems they are not taking messages?
brumbie

Postby brumbie » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:54 am

Just an update, it seems that every 3 1/2 hours something is logging into my account (observed in security settings in Betfair) IP is: 77.72.3.224. Obviously it is not Gruss as I am not even logged in at these times. If anyone has any ideas what could be happening...answers on a postcard...thanks guys.
brumbie

Postby Deestar » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:54 am

Strange one. Have you set up two step authentication, changed all your passwords etc? Turned off third party application settings?
Deestar

Postby brumbie » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Deestar, on further inspection into the Betfair security page I discovered this:
" Third Party Application Permissions
You have given the following third party application permission to perform actions on your behalf:Hedger Pro"

This is a app akin to Gruss I used quite a while ago. I had no idea I had given them any sort of permission. Anyway, they were due to log in at 6.30pm my time, around 2 hours ago, and they haven't so I assume by disconnecting them in the Betfair security page that will be the end of it. However I have set up 2 step authentification, although Betfair use Google Authenticator and I use Authy normally. Scary as Hedger Pro went out of business some time ago and set up as that new
GPS thing that Angel are using.
If anything else turns up I'll let you know...thanks.
brumbie

Return to Help