BA Stability

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

BA Stability

Postby pugs » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:54 pm

Hello Gary Mark and all.

My B/A seems to have lost its stability.

I have still got the worlds worst internet connection (and that's official lol) http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/v ... highlight= so i assume that this is the major cause (if not all) of my problem, but with each new release it just seems to become a little more unstable.

Typically now i would guesstimate that 25% to 30% of launches fail, this used to be approx 5% a month ago.

I get "an unhandled exception has occurred, do you wish to continue" on about 30% to 40% of markets i attempt to load in a new tab, this error has occurred up to 5 or 6 times just trying to load 1 market, plus very occasionally clicking on "continue" will cause the BA to freeze so i have to start the process from scratch.

Last saturday my BA froze on 2 occasions, and had to close it down from "windows task manager". This used to happen once every month or two at most.

More worrying last saturday also, on 3 occasions i had matched bets that did not display on the BA, these bets were placed on the native interface and were displaying as matched there, but to get them to display on the BA i had to navigate to another market then back to the currant market, this worked on 2 of the occasions but the third would not display till the market turned in-play (approx 3 mins after bet placed). The BA was not frozen during this time and refreshing as normal so i don't think it could have been a BA problem (its not going to work one minute and not the next) but don't understand how it could have been my internet so is the API really that crappy?

How many connections does the BA make to the API? Could i possibly have just lost one connection and that caused the problem?

I would just use the Trader (non API) but that seems to have a higher internet demand and can often go 30+ seconds without a refresh.

One day soon i will have my internet back.

Thanks for any advice.
pugs

Postby tkp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:04 pm

Pugs - you're not alone on the stability front. I too have been experiencing crashes and unhandled errors.

Luckily not yet whilst in the middle of a trade.

The crashes were, I believe, something to do with my software firewall - it couldn't handle it's log getting so full so quick - and I have now swapped from Agnitum to Comodo and the crashes seem (touches wood) to have solved the problem.
tkp
tkp

Postby pugs » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Thanks tkp

I have been following a post...... http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/v ... php?t=1072 ...... to see if anything came to light regarding this issue that could relate to me.

I didn't post on this thread because i'm pretty certain that my problem is internet related and i didn't want to cloud Uncle Ernie's issues.

What are Agnitum and Comodo? :oops: are they custom firewalls?

I use the standard Win xp pro firewall with Blueyonders pc guard. I have tried B/A with pc guard off but the results were more or less the same. I will give it a try with Win firewall off. Fingers crossed though cos last time i switched my firewall off i picked up a virus that i couldn't get rid of and ended up having to do a re-install.
pugs

Postby tkp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:34 pm

Agnitum and Comodo are both firewalls. I had the pro version of the Agnitum (Outpost Pro).

I don't recommend you connect to the internet without a firewall....ever !

Comodo is one of the best free firewalls out there.

Have you got two firewalls going - you mention "Blueyonders pc guard" ? This could cause problems.

Perhaps disable "pc guard" and xp firewall and try another - like Comodo (from here: http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/ )

It could be totally unrelated of course !
tkp
tkp

Postby pugs » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:24 pm

tkp

Yes i generally have 2 firewalls going but have also tried B/A a few times with pc guard switched off and it never seemed to make much difference.

I have just installed Comodo and switched off both win firewall and pc guard then re-booted, and i'm not sure if this is my imagination or not but my pc seems to have a new lease of life, everything seems to be running faster.

I am going to start B/A now and load a few markets. I will post back here after a full days trial.

Thanks for your help tkp, much appreciated
pugs

Postby pugs » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:06 pm

I was very optimistic about that fix working tkp, and having only one error last night i then also spent a hour giving my pc a really good clean out, de-frag, and ran every free scan i know of.

But sadly this morning i had my worse start yet. 4 consecutive launch errors, followed by a total of 8 errors when loading markets into tabs.

But on the plus side i had no freeze ups and no problem with bets being displayed, so perhaps maybe my problem is 80% internet, and WAS 20% two firewalls.

But either way tkp i do thank you very much because you have restored that "new feel" (if you know what i mean) to my pc.

Thanks and gl
pugs

stable

Postby mantas779 » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:41 pm

I use the BA on 2 different machines 1 laptop ASUS 1 year old , BA run on it as stable as can be , never chrashed or what ever . Together with Bet Angel free version ( 2 apps same time running)

And on my 1 1/2 year old PC with a lot of programs like games , webserver , torrents : you name it was or is on it.
The Pc was running fine , only some strange probs i could not getting out. ( i have a small company wich profites IT sevices)
It took teh Pc 5 min. to get the LAN online.
And indeed BA chrashed a lot .

So i want to make shure it was the PC and re installed the Windows XP ( formatted the HD)

And now BA runs stable :D together with bitlord and Bet angel (free version) and Opera and MSN, Skype , Avast virus all at the same time. NO firewalls .

You always must use a router configured as firewall with port setings , i even use BA remote with remote desktop.

So to them who has problems with BA , clean your or better reinstall Windows. BA run smooth as hell on a clean Machine!!
mantas779

Postby pugs » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:49 pm

That's good advice mantas

Gary, Mark,

The Assistant performed flawlessly all day :D , could anything about the new release 99z31 have restored my stability?....or....

This morning when the Assistant updated i got an irreparable launch error so reinstalled both the B/A and dot.net 1.1, and also (for the first time) i installed the dot.net 1.1 sp1. Does the B/A now require the sp1 to be installed?.....or.....

Have i just been lucky today as regards packet loss?

Thanks
pugs

Postby pugs » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:49 am

Its been flawless again this morning, i have even tried to get the unhandled error by launching several Traders on both pcs and loading 10+ markets in new tabs on each of them, but not one single error, doing this would have caused 30+ errors 2 days ago.

I'm not complaining, i'm just trying to understand why so i don't lose stability again, and maybe help anyone else with stability issues, so any response, educated or otherwise :lol: would be appreciated.

tkp, thanks once again, both my pcs have been performing better with Comodo :D
pugs

Stressed

Postby mantas779 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:46 pm

:shock: WHOOO you realy stressed the PC's with more then 10 markets open.
I didnt try it, happy to hear it works fine. :idea:
mantas779

Betting assistant not stable

Postby dgs2001 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Hi All

I'm new here but am having a problem getting betting assistant up and running.

I can get logged in to betfair and my account balence shows but no markets they just stay loading.

However Trading assistant (non API) works like a dream!!

Any Ideas??

Thanks Duncan
dgs2001

Return to Help