New Feature Not Working

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

New Feature Not Working

Postby eyesnack » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:16 pm

Hi Gary

I watched the video on the new market replay feature and downloaded the file ( its on 4.5mb in size ?) and installed. I relaunched software but there is no option in the quickpick list to add historical market ?

I then tried uninstalling everything and just installing the update file in link , this just hung at the Betting Assistant Logo.

I then uninstalled everything reloaded latest version of Gruss from downloads page it launched fine , then ran the update file (4.5mb) lauched application loaded fine but no historic market option.

am I missing something here ?

any help appreciated

thanks
eyesnack

Re: New Feature Not Working

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:50 pm

I haven't downloaded it yet as nothing in there for me tbh, was hoping it'd have more useful features than simply bug fixes. But I think you need to completely uninstal then instal the new version from here https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Bettin ... _3_1_0.msi rather than update. Maybe I'll try it on my laptop
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:05 pm

Apologies. I need to rebuild the msi file. I will do this tomorrow. In the meantime if you uninstall everything (make sure Betting Assistant is not in the list of installed applications) then install the latest version it should not hang at the Betting Assistant logo this time.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:07 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:I haven't downloaded it yet as nothing in there for me tbh, was hoping it'd have more useful features than simply bug fixes. But I think you need to completely uninstal then instal the new version from here https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Bettin ... _3_1_0.msi rather than update. Maybe I'll try it on my laptop

I disagree that it's just bug fixes, but thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the new features won't be for everyone, but they are new features all the same.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby eyesnack » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Hi Guys

As previously stated I did a complete uninstall of BA using Revo Uninstaller and then ran the Version 1.3.1.0 you do realise that the file size of this file is only 4.6MB compared to over 80MB for the previous version ?.

After I ran the 4.3MB new file all i got was the logo which just hangs no program/login screen. I cant help thinking that there must be something missing in the MSI as the file is to small ?

Cheers
eyesnack

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:52 pm

The file is the correct size. It now uses the Edge browser control instead of EO.WebBrowser previously which had a huge library. I replicated the issue you had and it now works as far as I can see. Try using the windows control panel to uninstall.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:27 pm

GaryRussell wrote:
Captain Sensible wrote:I haven't downloaded it yet as nothing in there for me tbh, was hoping it'd have more useful features than simply bug fixes. But I think you need to completely uninstal then instal the new version from here https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Bettin ... _3_1_0.msi rather than update. Maybe I'll try it on my laptop

I disagree that it's just bug fixes, but thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the new features won't be for everyone, but they are new features all the same.

Maybe I was a bit harsh as the upgrade has obviously taken a lot of coding to replay markets. I'd just have preferred it if some of the suggestions had been taken on board and included in a major update to make the program easier for placing/managing bets also.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:33 pm

Might have even been an idea to have the Market Replay as a standalone rather than add-on, that way you'd also pick up subscribers from users of competitors software who don't wish to fully switch their betting software.
Captain Sensible

Postby eyesnack » Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:45 pm

Hi

I sort of agree with captain on this one , I like the ability to back test strategies there is so much more than could have been done. I use excel for my trigger betting and whilst I think Gruss is good other software has now done away with the need via automation. I would have liked to see things like custom columns that can read data from a csv etc and timer options after race start etc automatically sent to excel. Ability to export bets from excel to another page / file ability to add full notes to the grid via a simple csv the list goes on.

BTW the trigger bets from excel to the historic races don't trigger properly atm ( don't know if this is a bug ? ) but they show pending in the bet ref column. you then need to clear the pending reference and resend trigger for the bet to place.

Cheers
eyesnack

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:14 pm

I cannot replicate your pending issue at the moment. It is working when I test it. I will continue to investigate and get back to you.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:19 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Might have even been an idea to have the Market Replay as a standalone rather than add-on, that way you'd also pick up subscribers from users of competitors software who don't wish to fully switch their betting software.

Interesting idea. I'll give it some thought.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:57 pm

It'd definitely be worth considering, don't think there's anything out there like it at the moment and first-mover advantage won't last forever.
Captain Sensible

Postby NorthView » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:38 pm

eyesnack wrote:BTW the trigger bets from excel to the historic races don't trigger properly atm ( don't know if this is a bug ? ) but they show pending in the bet ref column. you then need to clear the pending reference and resend trigger for the bet to place.

Cheers

I don't understand - if your trigger sends a bet to a historic event it's not going to be placed by Betfair.
NorthView

Postby NorthView » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:42 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:It'd definitely be worth considering, don't think there's anything out there like it at the moment and first-mover advantage won't last forever.

I know Angel has some kind of test utility but it's been around for a long time so I guess it's not using actual historical data.

The ability to test strategy triggers against actual data seems unique. As long as we can still do this in a standalone version it seems a good idea.
NorthView

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:48 pm

NorthView wrote:
eyesnack wrote:BTW the trigger bets from excel to the historic races don't trigger properly atm ( don't know if this is a bug ? ) but they show pending in the bet ref column. you then need to clear the pending reference and resend trigger for the bet to place.

Cheers

I don't understand - if your trigger sends a bet to a historic event it's not going to be placed by Betfair.

But, they should trigger a "fake" test bet on the historic market. Are you able to trigger bets from Excel and get a "fake" bet reference? I don't really have much feedback at this point so would appreciate any feedback you can provide.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Next

Return to Help