Quick pick list

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Quick pick list

Postby summit » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:19 pm

Hi,

For example, I am betting on a game of football and have it set up to back Chelsea when they are even money.

This I can do.

However, rather than manually wait for the game to finish, I wish to automate it so that as soon when that bet is made, the quick pick list (or similar idea) moves me on to the next match and I can bet on Liverpool when they are even money.

Any ideas please?

Thank you

Steve
summit

Re: Quick pick list

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:25 pm

To move markets in the qpl all you need to do is stick -1 into cell Q2. If you're looping thru the markets you can delete the market from the QPL by sticking -8 into Q2.
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:00 pm

Thanks again for your prompt response.

I have set up an IF statement to put -1 in Q2 when a bet ref is completed.

Tested and appears to work OK. Thanks for the idea, much appreciated.

Steve
summit

Postby summit » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:48 pm

Nope, that doesn't work as Q2 refreshes the cell and knocks my basic IF statement out.

So, will I need a macro that puts -1 in Q2 when a bet is triggered?

Steve
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:08 pm

Yep, you'll need some VBA to enter the data into Q2 as otherwise BA overwrites formulas in the cell.

If you're not clued up with VBA just say what criteria you need met before it needs to move to the next market and I'll knock something up tomorrow.
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Fri Mar 11, 2022 6:45 am

Hi and thank you again for any help.

In my spreadsheet T25 will count if a bet is placed in Bet ref column (T)

All I need is that when cell T25 is >0 then put -1 in Q2

Thank you again for any help.

Steve
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:12 pm

Missed the post hopefully you sorted something out otherwise this may work

Code: Select all

Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
Static MyMarket As Variant
Static SwitchMarket As Boolean

If Target.Columns.Count <> 16 Then Exit Sub 'If columns changed <> 16 then exit sub

Application.EnableEvents = False 'Turn off events so changes to cell don't retrigger event

With Target.Parent

If .Range("T25").Value >0 And SwitchMarket = False  Then .Range("Q2").Value = -1:SwitchMarket = True

If  .Range("A1").Value <> MyMarket Then
MyMarket =.Range("A1").Value 
SwitchMarket = False
End If

End With

Application.EnableEvents = True 'Turn on events again
End Sub
Captain Sensible

Postby summit » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:18 pm

As always, thank you very much for this.
However, another slight problem. I am sure it has been answered many times, so apologies for that!

What is the best way to ENSURE that a bet on a football market is matched? I have just missed a bet because the trigger tried to match it and the price had changed.

How can I ensure the bet is placed if the price changes?

Thank you again for any help.

Steve
summit

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Mar 18, 2022 9:40 pm

No real way of ENSURING the price is matched other than either backing at 1.01 or laying at 1000, both of which are dangerous options. Maybe look at the lowest/highest price you're willing to accept and use that as the BACK/LAY odds rather than using current odds. There are a few functions on the site where you can add or subtract a certain nuber of ticks to the price, alternatively you can use the UPDATE trigger to resubmit the bet with new odds if it hasn't been matched after say 5 seconds or so.
Captain Sensible

Return to Help