Laying at SP

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Laying at SP

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 pm

I Want to lay at SP for a STAKE of £5 in Excel

What do I need to put in the trigger, odds and Stake cells?

I think its trying to lay at a liability of £5 and rejecting the bet, how do I get it to lay at a stake of £5 - so if the SP is 10, it would give me a liability of £45 and I'd win £5 (less commission) if the horse doesn't win
vanbuuts

Re: Laying at SP

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:52 pm

You have two options with SP, either bet directly into the BSP pool (LAYSP) or have the bet convert to SP if unmatched when the market goes in play (LAY-SP)

If you bet directly into the SP pool (LAYSP) you need to enter the liability into the stake column (so £45 not £5) and in the odds column you stick the maximum odds you're willing to accept.
Captain Sensible

Postby vanbuuts » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:00 pm

But I won’t know the odds will be 10 BSP so therefore won’t know the liability to enter
vanbuuts

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:07 pm

You can only pay the SP to a liability rather than stake. Otherwise you might exceed your available balance if say the SP returned a lot higher than expected.
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:10 pm

If you laid £5 @ 10 using LAY-SP it'd lay to a £45 liability regardless of the SP so £5 if the SP returned 10 and £4.50 if it returned 11
Captain Sensible

Return to Help