BACK_TO_LAY Bot help

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

BACK_TO_LAY Bot help

Postby Sooty1307 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:46 pm

Hi, currently on my free 30 day trial and am getting my head around the Excel integration for automation. I have downloaded the BACK_TO_LAY bot from the forum which works, I just don't understand an element of it.

I understand all of the workings behind placing the SP bet, however I don't understand why the LAY bet triggers when "LAY" should only appear when the bet reference cell is blank (""). Once the Back bet is placed then the bet reference in column T is populated and I can't work out what clears it so the lay can be placed.

The bot is working fine so however it is doing it is great, but for my understanding before I take it live with more than one selection I would like to understand the lay element. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Sooty1307

Re: BACK_TO_LAY Bot help

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:27 pm

Probably best give a link to to excel sheet as I can't see it in the sample sheets forum. I'd imagine it's probably using VBA to clear the trigger betting column by checking the bet ref column
Captain Sensible

Postby Sooty1307 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9571

It was the one posted here… could well be something in VBA, I have never used VBA but heard it talked about a fair bit on here. If you get a chance to take a glance and let me know that would be brilliant! It is working as it stands but for my own knowledge I’d like to know why/how the lay is triggering and what triggers the bet reference to clear.

Many thanks for the help
Sooty1307

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:37 pm

There's some VBA that clears the cells T5:X50 if cell AA1 is between 0 and 5

Code: Select all
If turnedInPlay And Range("AA1").Value >= 0 And Range("AA1").Value <= 5 Then Range("T5:X50").ClearContents
Captain Sensible

Postby Sooty1307 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:57 pm

Thank you very much for that, I think I need to get some more knowledge of VBA before I continue with Gruss. It seems an excellent and strong piece of kit, just a bit beyond my skills at the moment as I have never written anything in VBA.

Thanks again for the help
Sooty1307

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:32 pm

No worries, I only learnt VBA because of BA and the help of this forum. Looks a lot harder than it is to be honest. If you can write excel formulas you'd be able to learn VBA quite quick
Captain Sensible

Return to Help