Unable to Export QuickPick List To Excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Unable to Export QuickPick List To Excel

Postby xraymitch » Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:57 pm

Version 1.3.1.0q

Gary, can you please advise.

I have followed instructions exactly as per the guide:

"So for example if you are logging the current market prices to Sheet1 and want to export the Quick Pick List then you need to name a separate sheet Sheet1_QuickPickList and tick the option."

Thanks
xraymitch

Re: Unable to Export QuickPick List To Excel

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:19 pm

I can't see an issue. Are you absolutely sure you have done this correctly? Maybe it's an issue with the workbook. Can you send a copy of the workbook to admin@gruss-software.co.uk after removing anything you want to keep private.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:17 pm

Gary, knowing how busy you are I did not expect such a super quick response. Many Thanks

The workbook is blank.

MxZ3YiSLtq.png
Settings
MxZ3YiSLtq.png (172.06 KiB) Viewed 3033 times

EXCEL_ilGkRCExZ0.png
Sheet1
EXCEL_ilGkRCExZ0.png (151.91 KiB) Viewed 3033 times

EXCEL_L0JAFvrVpj.png
Sheet1_QuickPickList
EXCEL_L0JAFvrVpj.png (125.27 KiB) Viewed 3033 times
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:25 pm

Did you name the quick pick list worksheet after linking to Excel? It won't find it unless it already exists. If you unlink and link again does it appear?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:29 pm

Also something as simple as a space at the end of your worksheet name will make it fail. Could this be the case? Try renaming the worksheet again making sure there is no space at the end.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:32 pm

Gary, I am so sorry to have wasted your time.

I cannot believe that I have spent 3 hours trying to understand why it was not working, it turns out I have a faulty keyboard and an extra space was added - something that I never even considered.

Like almost everything you code, it now works perfectly.

Thanks so much.
xraymitch

Return to Help