Refresh Rate

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Refresh Rate

Postby kjansch » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:46 pm

Hi

I have a question regarding the refresh rate on full stream of prices and indeed when it is not on.

I understand the number indicates the latency in m/s of the prices displayed but what does the number in brackets alongside indicate?

Ive noticed mine has varied over the last couple of days, and wonder what it indicates and indeed if it can be set as it displays as a threshold on the graph

thanks
kjansch

Re: Refresh Rate

Postby kjansch » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:10 pm

gruss 2023-09-29 160812 - Copy.png
gruss 2023-09-29 160812 - Copy.png (11.33 KiB) Viewed 3625 times

This is what im referring to with regard to the number in brackets being a 'threshold'
kjansch

Re: Refresh Rate

Postby kjansch » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:40 am

Found it on the help section, I may as well post it so this thread isn't a complete waste of time..

The figure in brackets denotes the time in milliseconds that it took to get a response from Betfair's API server but applies to polling only.

When using streaming the figure in brackets denotes the difference in milliseconds between the timestamped streaming data and the time on the PC being used to receive the streamed data.

It's important to keep your PC clock synced in order for the figure in brackets to be accurate although it should be noted that there is a reliance on the Betfair server clock being accurate.
kjansch

Return to Help