30 odd sheets linked

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

30 odd sheets linked

Postby PennyFiddler » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:36 am

Hello,

I’m making progress with this VBA lark, but a general query I have regarding the ‘Log Multiple Sheets’ in BA.

I have it setup to link each market with a sheet that I have formatted with code, each has a refresh rate of 0.2s
If I link them up at the start of the day’s racing that’s a tonne of refreshing going on, surely that’s going to piss betfair off?
Is there some fine imposed on that?

Alternatively as the refresh rate originates in BA, how would you do it another way, say with the refresh at 2s until 1m before off time, if you have to manually change it in BA?
Especially when unattended?

Also, the auto select feature looks to me to be an accident waiting to happen. Races are delayed all the time. What am I missing?

Thanks.
PennyFiddler

Re: 30 odd sheets linked

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Oct 20, 2023 7:57 pm

I think Betfair got rid of data charges a while back but most people change the refresh rate using cell Q2. They have considered some customers as business customers if you download lots of prices refreshes without placing many bets so best to only grab prices when you really need them.

You also have access to the race status via gruss if you want to ramp up refresh rates when they're parading or at the post etc

The manual is here for special cells etc as Q2 can be used to navigate between markets. https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Bettin ... e/help.htm
Captain Sensible

Re: 30 odd sheets linked

Postby PennyFiddler » Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:47 am

Oh dear, yes.
That turned out one of the more easy ones.

I have read that manual, and trawled through these pages for answers to certain things, but when you read stuff that is irrelevant you tend to overlook things.

I had assumed, wrongly, that anything in that top left section was unchangeable in excel. I had grappled with trying to re order the selections and just ended up fighting it. I also tried using the spare cells for things and they just got wiped each refresh. ( I found btw that re-ordering isnt possible and did it another way)

Thanks again.
PennyFiddler

Return to Help