My betting limit exceeded

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

My betting limit exceeded

Postby Matson » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:30 am

Hi Mark,

I have been using your software for a couple of years and have been very happy with it. My primary reason for using it is to limit my exposure to approx $100 per race, which your software allows me to do.

Unfortunately and for reasons not yet known to me, I inadvertantly had a $300 bet this afternoon, when i had actually intended to bet just $3. I'm miffed that it happened, but I'm thankful that it wasnt $3,000.

Are you able to tell me what happened?

I dont want this to ever happen again and unless I find the problem it could well happen.

My betting transaction history shows that I bet on a horse name Magamea at Caulfield race 10 and it was backed twice in running, once for $8 and the other for $300.

Regards,
Gary
Matson

Re: My betting limit exceeded

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:13 am

Which of the following options are ticked next to maximum liability?

Per click
Include unmatched bets in liability
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Matson » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:23 pm

Until now, I had

"Per click" ticked and "Unmatched bets" unticked. But now, I have...

"Per click" unticked and "Unmatched bets" ticked.

is that what I should do?

Can you tell me how it what I did wrong, in running?
Matson

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:18 pm

I cannot know for sure what happened. I can only guess. With per click ticked and unmatched unticked it only calculates the liability of the bet you are placing so if the liability is less than $100 it will accept every bet as each individual bet's liability is under $100. So if you click multiple times you will exceed $100.

The settings you have now are safer as it calculates the exposure of the whole market including matched and unmatched bets.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help