Triggered Betting Override Odds

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Triggered Betting Override Odds

Postby runtime_error » Thu Dec 21, 2023 5:02 am

Is there a way to make the required odds a certain value in Excel Triggered Betting e.g. override back odds of 1.1 ?

The override feature works when I placed bets manually in Gruss, but it doesn't appear to "override" when sending triggered bets.

I want to avoid getting cancelled/lapsed bets in Triggered Betting because the odds drop after the bet is triggered and the required odds are not getting matched.

Cheers
runtime_error

Re: Triggered Betting Override Odds

Postby NorthView » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:25 pm

Not totally sure what you want but if you want a trigger to fire a back bet that will be matched regardless of odds choose 1.01 as the odds.
NorthView

Postby runtime_error » Sat Dec 23, 2023 12:50 pm

It's where I "choose the odds" I don't understand. I use a modified version of a spreadsheet I downloaded here (Back the Third Favourite - https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4886)

excel_snip.JPG
excel_snip.JPG (11.06 KiB) Viewed 978 times

I assume the odds are sent to Gruss from the odds column as shown. If I change this to 1.01,Gruss seems to still be trying to place the last updated odds, not 1.01.

Apologies, if I'm missing something obvious. I don't have much of an understanding of how Excel "talks" to Gruss.
runtime_error

Postby NorthView » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:20 pm

If you overwrite the Odds in all of column R with 1.01 when you connect to a market your sheet will show BACK in col Q, 1.01 in col R and 2 in col S for just the third favourite (where AA is 3).

Betfair's best execution will match you at the best back odds available, which is what you're seeing.
NorthView

Return to Help