Launching error

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Launching error

Postby filo » Mon May 07, 2007 10:41 pm

Hi Gary/Mark

I have a mate who uses Betting Assistant (non Beta) and is fully subscribed, but for the last month or so he's been having great difficulty in using the software due to problems with the software launching properly.

Basically 9 times out of 10 it hangs when initiated and displays the following error message:

Occasionally it will start up ok and all will be fine, but this happens rarely apparently.

From my, albeit limited knowledge of his PC, he doesn't have anything running that may be conflicting with things, such as firewalls or net security software etc. So i am at a loss to suggest to him what the problem could be.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

Many thanks!

Phil

PS. It's just occurred to me that you might need to know the version he is running and i will endeavour to find this out out in due course. That said, i do know that he has tried updating (automatically and manually reinstalling) in the past few weeks, but alas this as been of no benefit.
filo

Postby PeteB » Tue May 08, 2007 7:39 am

I'm not sure what vpxjhcpt.dll is, and google doesn't turn anything up for it - but look at where it is looking for it:
C:/DOCUME~1/john/LOCALS~1/Temp/vpxjhcpt.dll

i.e. in his temp directory, which will get cleared out, and so the file can't be found.

Reinstall .NET framework and BA from scratch, and it should be ok.
PeteB

Postby filo » Tue May 08, 2007 6:16 pm

PeteB wrote:I'm not sure what vpxjhcpt.dll is, and google doesn't turn anything up for it - but look at where it is looking for it:
C:/DOCUME~1/john/LOCALS~1/Temp/vpxjhcpt.dll

i.e. in his temp directory, which will get cleared out, and so the file can't be found.

Reinstall .NET framework and BA from scratch, and it should be ok.

Interesting; thanks for that Pete!

Should this missing dll file be present on all PC's that have BA running successfully on?
I'm just thinking that maybe it could be copied from the temp folder to its (presumably)correct location, but having searched both my PC's for the file vpxjhcpt.dll, neither show it as present in my systems :?:
filo

Postby filo » Sat May 12, 2007 1:25 pm

Can anybody suggest anything else to try?
filo

Postby PeteB » Sun May 13, 2007 9:41 am

I don't think the file should be on your computer (or anyone's) or a google search would turn up something about it.

Somehow your mate's installation has got corrupted (can't say how - but would be worth checking he is running an up-to-date virus checker etc) and is looking for a file it shouldn't be, in a place it shouldn't be.
So did he try reinstalling _both_ .NET framework and BA, and is still seeing the problem?
PeteB

Return to Help