Refresh Web Link in EXCEL

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Refresh Web Link in EXCEL

Postby thunderfoot » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:47 pm

I've linked 2 tables from the Web using EXCEL's Data/Get External Data/New Web Query to the worksheet that BA is downloading data too. I've put them on the same worksheet as I thought it would make coding easier, however, I would prefer to have the 2 tables going to their own worksheets, say, Sheet 2 & Sheet 3, Sheet 1 being where the BA data is downloaded too.

Individually these 2 tables can be refreshed by right-clicking in them and selecting Refresh Data.

I want these tables to be automatically refreshed everytime BA refresh's it's data on the worksheet. I have the following code in the Worksheet that BA is downloading it's data too:
Code: Select all
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
    If Not Application.Intersect(Target, Range("DataChange")) Is Nothing Then
    MyMacro
    End If
End Sub

..which basically operates a Macro Module ('MyMacro') everytime the BA data changes.

What code would the 'experts' suggest I use to make the 2 tables refresh everytime the BA data refresh's? Add code to the above or add code to the Macro Module?
thunderfoot

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:09 pm

I'd write a new macro and call it from the above code.

As for what the code should be, easiest way is to use the macro recorder.
Mitch

Postby Ian » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:44 pm

You could have a problem refreshing the web query every time BA updates. If you have the BA refresh every second it may take longer than 1 sec for the web queries to refresh and, then, you are sending another one before the previous one is finished. I've had problems with the screen freezing in the past.
Ian

Postby mrclox » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:26 pm

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
If Range("a50").Value > 200 Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
my macro
Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End Sub

then make cell a50 > 200 using formulas based on =now() or the ba time, i have mine triggered when the race has 20 secs till start
mrclox

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:55 pm

How about creating a new macro and using Application.Ontime to refresh the table at safe intervals.
Mitch

Postby GeorgeUK » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:56 pm

Just noticed this.

If you rightclick within the webquery data, one of the options is Data range properties
this will refresh at most, once per min.

With Selection.QueryTable
.RefreshPeriod = 1

not sure if there is a way to playaround with this.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Return to Help