Poor refresh rates in latest versions !

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Poor refresh rates in latest versions !

Postby D Splash » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:08 pm

I am suffering from a poor refresh rate using the latest versions of BA. Comparing 1.0.0.51 Beta with 0.99z17 (it's the oldest I have) I watch them going about their business when .51 stops refreshing (z17 is still refreshing). these pauses have been around the 5 second mark (I have seen one at 17 seconds). When it does restart it will operate for another few seconds and does it again. The market has moved on while this is going on, and has made trading very difficult, if not impossible at times. If anyone has suffered similarly and found a way round it, their assistance would be appreciated. :cry:
D Splash

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:18 pm

I have not changed anything that would cause a poor refresh rate in the latest versions, also you are not comparing like for like. Version 0.99z17 does not use the API. You appear to be getting a slow response from the API server. Do you use any other API applications that you can compare it against?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

other api

Postby D Splash » Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response Gary. I have tried Bet Trader Pro 4, Bet Angel Basic ver 1.0.19, Betting Assistant Beta ver 1.0.52 and Betting Assistant ver 99z59, and all but BA beta run fine.
I used netstat to come up with these figures of segments sent and segments resent ( run twice on each app )

Bet Trader Pro 4
Run 1 Run 2
Sent 3844 3981
Re-sent 0 1
Re-sent 0 0
Re-sent 123 111
Re-sent 5 0

Hope this helps
D Splash

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:29 pm

The difference between the Beta version and 0.99z59 and Bet Angel is that the Beta version uses .Net framework 2.0 instead of 1.1. Can you try Betfair Direct? I believe this application also uses .Net 2.0
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:01 pm

Can you uninstall the program using the control panel, delete the folder named c:\program files\Betting Assistant Beta and install the program from http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... t_Beta.msi

I have updated the Application.Config file, if you do the above it will ensure you have the new version.

Please let me know if it has improved.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Ian » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:24 pm

Installing Betfair Direct probably won't tell you much as you can't set the refresh rate. As a matter of interest does anyone know what the refresh rate is set at in BF Direct ?
Ian

reinstalled BA

Postby D Splash » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:49 pm

uninstalled / installed as requested. also installed Betfair Direct.

BA returned netstat figures :

Sent : 845
Resent : 107

Betfair Direct

Sent : 112
Resent : 0

Two runs where similar.

Thanks.
D Splash

Return to Help