Override Odds In Running

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Override Odds In Running

Postby chaser » Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:21 pm

When you check the Override box and enter Back or Lay Odds in the top left corner of the screen, will the bet be matched at the exact odds entered or best odds available ?
Say I have placed a Lay bet and want to use this function as a Stoploss Back bet, if I have entered, say, Back odds of 1.2, will I be matched at 1.2 or higher odds if available.
thanks for any help
chaser
chaser

Override Odds In Running

Postby chaser » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:00 pm

Hi

I see a good number of people have viewed my request for help. Doesn't anyone know the answer ??

Chaser
chaser

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Any bets placed wil get matched at the best available odds when it reaches betfair
Captain Sensible

Postby chaser » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:15 pm

Thanks for confirming that Captain Sensible
regards chaser
chaser

Postby bruffyboy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:56 pm

What an excellent piece of kit this is! Hats off and many thanks to Gary!!

I have just started playing with real money and am delighted with results. However, I am puzzled by this Overide Odds thing. Is it not possible to back or lay the field at your own required odds straight from the program, or can this only be done from excel? (e.g. back field at 1.25 and lay field at 1.15).

Also, having read almost all of the monster thread, just wondered if there is any way of printing it out rather than wading through it again page by page to find relevant info?

Regards
bruffyboy
bruffyboy

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:40 am

The program sends bet requests to Betfair for you, so asking for a back at 1.25 on BA is the same as asking for 1.25 on Betfair. The result is you will get matched at the best odds.

If you put a max bid on Ebay of £100 and the next highest bid was £45 would you insist on paying the £100?

The reason it can be done from Excel is that you can use a formula to only submit the bet request when the current odds have gone below a certain level, decided by you.
IF you need any help with how to write the formula there are lots of people here that have done it who will be able to help you.

In plain terms, the formula says.... when the best available back odds is less than 1.3 then submit a bet request for me at 1.3 ...... or something similar.

You can lay the field at any time you want, because no-one on the other side of the Betfair screen will take your 1.15 until no-one else is offering better odds.
Mitch

Postby bruffyboy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:43 pm

Thanks Mitch,

I was struggling because I had one of these alternative versions of excel which does not work with BA. However, I have now loaded excel and things are clearer.

Tried a couple of things last night, but couldn't see how to cancel when first bet matched, and ended up backing both teams. Fortunately only playing with pennies.

Still working my way through the big thread, and you're right about helpful forummites!
bruffyboy
bruffyboy

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:29 pm

I've never used the "Lay The Field" feature but from what I've read I thought that if you had the checkbox ticked that says "Cancel all when matched" then it would do what you want.

There isn't a button to back the field though that that would need doing through formulae or vba.
Mitch

Return to Help