Problem with Australian markets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Problem with Australian markets

Postby O'Brien » Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:15 am

Since the Betfair server was down yesterday, I can now no longer access Australian markets, anyone else having this problem?

I select the Australian markets, but when I click on one, it tries to access US markets from the 26th August, and of course says they're SUSPENDED.

Anyone know how to solve this?
O'Brien

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:45 pm

29 August 2006 GO TO BDP.BETFAIR.COM

Hi,
As you may be aware, we have yesterday completed the general release which has made the production API 5.0 available externally.

Reminder: API 4.x users may continue to access without upgrading, however will need to upgrade to 5.0 in order to view any new Australian markets from this point forward.

I imagine Gary is still using the API 4.1. It'll need upgrading to API 5.0 for Australian markets cos of the recent licence Betfair obtained to operate in Australia.
Captain Sensible

Postby O'Brien » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:49 am

I suppose there's no easy way that we can alter our own version of Gary's API in order to update it to 5.0 instead of 4.1...?

The odd thing is, Betfair have been betting on Australian races for years - I as an Australian have been operating a Betfair account on Aus racing for years, however now that they've obtained a license here, suddenly they have to change it. I'm a simpleton in these matters of I.T., but why did it need to change? They were betting on it before, still are, surely the same method of operation could've been employed, just that now they were licensed to do so.

Again, my ignorance of such matters no doubt is the reason I don't get it.
O'Brien

Postby Ian » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:20 am

It must be big for Betfair because thay had the site down for all of a busy UK bank holiday morning in order to do these upgrades for the Australian market. Don't suppose I'll ever bet on any Aus markets myself though.
Ian

what about the ashes

Postby urinxs » Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:15 pm

Note : All events on Australian soil need the Aussie wallet .

Ashes Cricket ,
ODI 's
Rugby Union tests,
F1 GP ,
MotoGP ,
Melbourne cup ,
"Olympics ?"
Australian Open Tennis

Melbourne has a claim of the sporting capital of the world.

Can these events be ignored
urinxs

Postby O'Brien » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:42 pm

No doubt it will be big for Betfair - Australian's punt like maniacs, and we play pretty much every sport in the world, and race daily at several tracks. That's not the point though - b/c Betfair have ALWAYS bet on EVERYTHING on Aus soil in the past... why change the methodology now, when it had been working fine?

As it stands, I can't get on via the API, so I'm venting. Don't have time to place the bets myself, the API is a dream come true, now it's like I've been woken up with a bucket of cold water!! :shock:
O'Brien

Return to Help