help ver 0.92 API freezing

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

help ver 0.92 API freezing

Postby shadow » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:39 pm

Is anyone having a problem with the Betfair Assistant (API) freezing

Every few minutes the refresh clock will stop then when i navigate to other markets all odds boxes are blank.

I only downloaded the API version last night and my Betfair Trader is working fine, having said that the bets manager in the Trader does flash on and off occasionally

Thankyou :(
shadow

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:55 pm

Hopefully I will be sorting the slow refresh issue this weekend. It shouldn't freeze altogether though. I will investigate this at the same time.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby shadow » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks Gary

I have just downloaded the Assistant to my older pc also but am getting the same results, refresh clock will stop then when i navigate to other markets the odds boxes are all blank. I have also tried with pc guard off, but to no avail

Thanks also for the "rapid" API registration :D
shadow

Postby shadow » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:46 am

Gary, just an update to my freezing problem

I ran the Assistant, with no other programs running for over an hour problem free. Then for apperently no reason at all it just started freezing again every couple of minutes. So i got to thinking it may be my eratic internet connection

So the next test was to open Betfair Trader and Betfair Assistant then pull the plug on my modem. The refresh rate on the Trader stopped and turned red, the Assistant just stopped. When i plugged the modem back in and waited a few seconds the Trader continued to work normally, but the refresh rate on the Assistant did not re-start and when i navigated to other markets the boxes were blank.

I carried this test out 5 times and there was only one occasion where the Assistant re-started

Hope you can help, regards Ken.
shadow

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:50 am

Thanks for the info, it is very helpful. I will be releasing a new version this weekend and I shall make sure it passes this test. It sounds like if a response is not received within the timeout period then it stops requesting new data.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby a1ehouse » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:21 am

Gary, I confirm I see this same issue. I restart BA and it works again.
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
a1ehouse

Postby shadow » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:26 am

Thanks to the Assistant, tomorrow ime having a visit from a Blueyonder technician and his supervisor yip pee lol

In the last 3 months ive made 30 plus phone calls, had 5 visits from a technician, 3 new modems, had all the connections in my property checked/replaced, and been wired to a different peg in their box in the street, all to no avail.

Blueyonder know the problem is their end but untill i totally lost connectivity it wouldnt be cost effective to investigate and repair. Well this morning i explained to them it was no longer cost effective for me to keep paying them 25 pound a month, and asked if they had BT's number handy, and, low an behold, they are going to do something.

Good luck with the update Gary, regards Ken
shadow

Postby shadow » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:04 pm

I ran ver 0.93 all day Sunday and it ran as smooth as silk, just goes to show what a pi** poor internet connection i have

Thanks Gary
shadow

Return to Help