Excel VB help needed

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel VB help needed

Postby 100%beef » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:30 pm

Hi all

Can some one help me with this.

I want to increase my stake by a percentage on each new race, not beeing good at VB how would i do this in the code?

For example the stake starts at 100, then when the next market loads I want the stake to increase by X%.

For example if I wanted to increase by 3% each time, I guess that I would have to save the current stake as a value, when the next market loads mulitply the current stake by 1.03 to get the new stake, and then save the new stake as a new value ready for the next market load.

Does that make sense? :?

:D

Many thanks!
Work facinates me I can stare at it for hours.
100%beef

Postby Mitch » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:33 am

What you've said sounds about right. You'd also have to find a way to tell when the next race has loaded - I have the market name stored somewhere and check when A1 doesn't match it.

Do you have formulas in your stake column that could use the value in the cell storing the increased stake?

Do you have any vb running on your sheet at the moment or is it all formulas?
Mitch

Postby 100%beef » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:48 am

Hi Mitch

Currently I have some VB to clear the matched colunms , which I got from this site, my tiggering is done with a simple formula.

Current VB is

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Static MyMarket As Variant
Application.EnableEvents = False
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
If [A1].Value = MyMarket Then
GoTo Xit
Else
MyMarket = [A1].Value
Range(Cells(5, 17), Cells(100, 20)).Value = ""
End If
Xit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
Application.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
End Sub

I understand the flow of the code above and that this looks for a change in the A1 value, however I'm not sure where to add in the code to store my stake at the start of the day and then how to increase it by x percent.
100%beef

Postby GeorgeUK » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:51 am

You'll need to check this as i've just glanced at the code, but something like the below should do

Range(Cells(5, 17), Cells(100, 20)).Value = ""
'range("A21") = stake
x = range("A21")
x = x * 1.03
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby 100%beef » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:49 am

Thanks George I will check it out
100%beef

Postby Mitch » Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:30 pm

An alternative could be (after you've typed your original stake in A21, and your stake formula uses this cell)....

On the line after: Range(Cells(5, 17), Cells(100, 20)).Value = ""

Have: Range("A21")=WorksheetFunction.Round(Range("A21") * 1.03, 2)

Which will round the new stake to 2dp. If you only want to bet in whole £'s change the 2 at the end to 0.
Mitch

Return to Help