cant find workbook

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

cant find workbook

Postby walkas » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:25 pm

I new to using this program. Im trying to record prices for an event and i have set up a workbook to log them but when i use bet trader it cant find my workbook. the workbook and work sheet fields are blank.
any help please
walkas

Postby GeorgeUK » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:06 pm

Hmm, lets start with the basics.

You have excel open?
and your workbook open?

then on the app select the excel option you want and it should bring up options of workbook, sheet and cell for you to select from.

Are you using excel or works?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby walkas » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:27 pm

Ive uninstalled the program and re installed it. It seems to be working now.
The problem was when i went to the excel option in the app there was no workbook or work sheet options they were both blank even tho i had them open in excel
walkas

Postby Mitch » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:37 pm

I had that happen to me too. The only reason that I could come up with was that I was switching machines with the spreadsheet I made and they have different versions of Excel on.

I now save the sheet on the newer Excel as the old version and not had the problem since.

Seems strange if that was the case but I've not looked into it any more because it's ok now (for whatever reason).
Mitch

Postby ladders » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:37 am

Hi,

Just to say that I have occasionally had this problem and that I also have been transferring sheets between machines with different versions of Excel on (2007 & 2003). I suppose it serves me right for working on it at work :wink:
ladders

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:19 am

VB.Net does have a problem with not releasing it's link to Excel sometimes so you can end up with an instance of Excel running in the background which is not visible. This stops the program finding the Excel instance that is visible. I don't know for sure if this is the root of everyone's problems, but you could try the following solution next time it happens.

1) Close Betting Assistant
2) Close all visible Excel instances
3) Press alt-ctrl-del, click on the process tab, find all instances of Excel.exe and use the End process button to close them.
4) Re-open your spreadsheet
5) Re-open Betting Assistant
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help