HELP PLEASE

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

HELP PLEASE

Postby Gilraen » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:28 pm

Hello ived download the program and the excel dont work, ived done all right, ived read all the posts about this kind of problem, i dont know what is. One frined of mine it works, but he dont knows why dont work with me, i dont know what to do, can anyone help me please?
Gilraen

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:38 pm

what version of excel are you using?

Some people have reported problems with XL2003
(Not sure if the API version has fixed those problems)

Make sure you are not just using "works" - it won't work with this. Excel is required
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Gilraen » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:57 pm

My excel version was Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 ( 11.5612.5606) and didnt work..right in this moment ived downloaded some upgrades and now is 11.6560.6568 SP2.
I dont understand why, because a friend have the same version and it works.
My WIn is de XP professional 2002 SP2, do you know what can be the problem.Thanks
Gilraen

Postby marin71 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:36 pm

I have the same Excel version like Gilraen had before his update and the same WinXP version also. Maybe it has something to do with the german versions of this programs? I have read that there should be an error log file but cannot find it anywhere. I am using api version 0.98m.
Is it possible to try the java version? Maybe with the older versions the problem doesn't occur. I searched the webpage but cannot find download links to the older versions :(
marin71

Postby GeorgeUK » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:15 am

As i understood it, the original version was screenscraping from betfair
The current version uses the betfair API
And a future version will be java.

I may be wrong, but i'm not sure if java is currently being used, but was intended for the future.

I do remember that someone had started a thread to see if anyone else was unable to use XL2003 with the BA.
As i recall, there was no error log produced, but they were unable to get the data through to excel.

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewt ... ight=#4125

I'm not sure, but it may be a language conflict in the excel versions. Hopefully something fixable, but as i don't know how the trader is sending the data to excel, can't really help. :(

May be an idea to do a poll asking what version of excel everyone uses and anyone with difficulty using excel can post their comments about what version and language they use. There must be a fix for this somewhere.

Anyone know how to set up a poll on this forum?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Meddler » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:47 am

Correct me if I'm wrong, been a while since I used Excel 2003, but there's an option in Tools/Options called something like Ignore External Applications (I think its on the General tab but don't quote me).

Let me know if it helps.
Meddler

Postby PeteB » Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:32 am

Hmmm... yes the setting is there, but I've just set it, and my feed to Excel still works
PeteB

Postby Meddler » Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:19 pm

OK, worth a try I suppose :(

It must be language related, I've used Excel 2000, 2003 & 2007 with Betting Trader/Assistant without trouble.
Meddler

Postby marin71 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:54 pm

just installed Excel 97 parallel to my Excel 2003 installation and now I get data displayed in Excel. The fields at the top like total matched are displayed correctly but the horses I don't get displayed at all. I only see the name of the first horse. but all other columsfor this and the other horses keep blank.
Any ideas?
marin71

Postby marin71 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:34 pm

gave it another try and installed Excel from Office XP and now it's working. I get all data displayed in the Excel sheet :P
Now I just have to figure out how to use the program :wink:
marin71

Return to Help