Newbie - not a good start

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Newbie - not a good start

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:04 pm

Hi

Newbie today, I wonder if anyone can help? how the heck do you green up, example today my bank allows a stake of £200 so layed at 4.1 waited for the increase backed @ 4.4 tried to green up by hitting the green column but all it did was lay another bet which I didn't realise that is was doing that so tried again then noticed I had 4 lay bets and 2 back bets so to sum up the horse won and I lost £680 I now know the green column is not for greening up not sure what's it's purpose is really apart from putting laying more bets, so I would be most grateful if someone could advise me how to green up :(

Thank you inb advance

Regards

Chris
Sangreal

Postby KevinTHFC » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:11 pm

The Green column does allow you to 'Green Up'. If you check the Verify Bets box you can check the bet before it is placed. I have noticed that on my laptop I occasionally get a double bet placed when Greening up perhaps this happened to you?

Kevin
KevinTHFC

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:16 pm

I have the verify bet feature enabled, do I need to untick this? Something I've thought of do I have to have the trading mode option ticked as well?, if I do I need to kick myself as I think I read this in the Read Me menu.

Many Thanks

Chris :?:
Sangreal

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:23 pm

I don't think the program does what you describe. I shall try to replicate it, but I suggest you stop using the program as it clearly isn't doing what you expect it to do. I tried to make the green up column as user friendly as possible by showing you what your your profit will be in advance if you click on the green up column. I am bewildered how you managed to end up with a big loss, but I will do my best to get to the bottom if this as I really cannot stand the thought that this option is losing people money. Has anyone else had a bad experience with the green up button?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:31 pm

Gary - Thanks for your comments however I asked genuine questions there is no need to treat me like a child I'm sure you can answer what I asked.
I don't see why I should stop using a program because I've asked for help because I don't understand something isn't part of help section in forum to do just that.

Regards

Chris
Sangreal

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:47 pm

Gary - It maybe my system I responded after your response but all it had was this line " don't think the program does what you describe. I shall try to replicate it, but I suggest you stop using the program as it clearly isn't doing what you expect it to do.

It now shows all of your response, I presume you mean to stop using whilst you test it yourself, I apologise if I was a little abrupt, but It seemed as if my questions were totally ignored.

At the end of the day I only want to be au fait with the basics and build from there.

Regards

Chris
Sangreal

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:49 pm

You have just claimed that the program lost you a substantial amount of money. Furthermore you claim that that the green up column does not work at all. Don't you think there would have been a flood of complaints about this? The green up column does not just keep laying the same bet as you suggest.

Do you really blame me for asking you to stop using the program? I would have thought that after losing that amount you wouldn't want to anyway.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 pm

Gary

Why are you so defensive I was only speaking as I found, do you know how disconcerting it is to lose that sort of money, I fully acdept it was probably sonmeting I did or didn't do all I was asking is how to where am I going wrong etc.
I've obviously offended you in some way, yes I can see if it dosen't work as you said you would get flooded with many complaints but I just wanted some guidance as I am obviously not doing something correctly I even said it could be my system but If I knew I had the process correctly set up I could eliminate any outside influences etc.
I'm really at a loss I came on the forum for help It dosen't look I'm going to get it, if I've said something to upset you I apologise but that wasn't my aim.

Regards

Chris
Sangreal

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:04 pm

Sorry to come across defensive, but just to put it into context, the amount of money you lost is more than half my monthly salary. It really disturbs me when this happens because of my program, I can't take it any other way. It was my intent that the green up button just would not do this. I think I ought to make it more clear that the program does not claim to be bug free and does not have a proper help file and therefore should be treated with caution.

If I can provide an explanation for what happened to you I will.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:13 pm

Gary

Thanks again, I don't expect you provide an explanation for what happened, it's done now I can't change it like I said it was probably me not doing things correctly, all I wanted to know is have I got things setup correctly e.g do I need the verify buttton ticked or unticked, the trading mode, ticked or unticked and /or anything else I should know to enable me to green up

I hope this helps and apologies for the comment in the first post re the greening up column when I was writing it had just happened so a was a little PO'd, if I had waited I wouldn't of put it that way I would have been more objective

For the the record I think this a great bit of kit but I need to know if I'm doing things correctly

Regards

Chris
Sangreal

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:32 pm

You don't need trading mode ticked to use the green up. When you move the cursor over the green up column for the horse you want to green up on the green up column should show what your profit/loss will be after you click it. In your case after you layed it at 4.1 and the price went up to 4.4 the green up column should have showed £13.64 (possibly less commission) against all runners. If you backed it at 4.4 for £200 then you would have showed a profit of £60 against your selection and £0 against the rest, in this case the green up column would divide £60 by 4.4 = £13.64 to give the correct lay stake to give you an equal profit of £13.64. I simply cannot explain at this time why it would lay £200 again.

The verify button only determines if you are prompted for your stake and odds before submitting the bet so should not influence the outcome.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:47 pm

Gary - Thanks for your patience, I think I know where I have gone wrong, I did the lay and back and instead of just clicking the green column and thinking that was greening up. it presented me with another verify window the stake was still at £200 so therefore layed that stake again when in actual fact what I should have done was calculated the profit £60 and dived by 4.4 which as you say would have given me £13.64 would that then spread right across the field or do I have to do something else afterward as well?

Regards

Chris
Sangreal

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:59 pm

After you backed at 4.4 the green up column should do the calculation for you. The profit and loss column should have showed £60 against your selection and £0 against the rest and the green up column should have showed £13.64 against all the selections. It sounds like you clicked on the lay column to do the green up instead of the green up column.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Sangreal » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 pm

I can confirm I did not do that, I can remember quite clearly trying to green up by clicking the green square in the level profit column , when I did that another verify lay window came up which I admit I thought strange but wasn't sure thought it was all part of the process etc..

What does this mean now?

Thanks again

Chris
Sangreal

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:06 am

It is normal for the lay window to appear when you clicked on the green up column if you had verify bets ticked. It should have displayed the correct stake and not £200, this is what I cannot explain as I am sure there is not a bug which would cause this to happen. Try it with small stakes (even less than £2) to see what it does.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Next

Return to Help