Installation checklist

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Installation checklist

Postby sp.llorca » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:36 pm

Ha all. Can someone give a cheklist for me to follow, in order to have Betting Assistant and Excel communicate ?

There's no way for me to see BA interact with Excel. No matter what. I'm in need of new ideas to keep working.

My PC is running XP Pro + SP#2 with and Office XP. There are both .NET V2 and .NET V1.1 (installed in that order because of a post i've read here).

Apart from the sheer Operating System, I've installed, unistalled and reinstalled .NET, BA and Office for I can't remember how many times now, with no luck: BA and Excel are yet not interacting.

I've reviewed al lthe XP services to check for an obvious mistake, but nothing seems to be misconfigurated to my eyes.
I think I've tried all the tricks I've read somewhere in this forum, but here you have me writing my own request now ...

I'll be waiting for your comments. Many thanks to you all in advance.
sp.llorca

Postby GeorgeUK » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:43 am

from what i've seen on the board - it may only work with an English verion of windows.
If you have that, what version of excel are you using?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby sp.llorca » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:46 pm

Thanks GeorgeUK and KevinTHFC. You directions drove me the right way.

OK. To all of you having trouble setting your Betting Assistants so they update your Excel worksheets, the best suggestion I can give you is this: trick your computers so they think they are in the United kingdom. That easy.

Even if I'm not from UK, I'm a long time user of the english versions of both the operating system and the Office suite. Now I'm running XP and Office XP, both of them updated to the last update Microsoft Update told me to install.

I reinstalled almost all I could think of but the sheer operating system, without success.

All in the PC was up to date ...... BUT my regional settings !!!!! They were NOT the ones a computer running in the UK expects to be the selected ones !!!!!!

I changed them to English (UK) and .... shazzzzzammmmmmm !!!!!!! ... the data appeared in the excel worksheet.

Then I've been switching one setting at a time back to my true regional: Time Zone first, keyboard mappings second, currency symbol third, decimal separator and thousands group separators (for both the currency and the numbers) fourth and the last one was "Location".

You can set them to your true local settings but you'll have to keep the main regional setting to "English UK".

For those using translated versions of Windows and Office, I really wish you see your troubles solved by just a few "regional settings" work. I encourage you to share your experiences.

Many thanks to you as a whole and best regards.

Cesc.
sp.llorca

Return to Help