Trigger assistance please

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Trigger assistance please

Postby soccergeez » Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:49 pm

Hi,

havent used this forum in ages!!

Anyway, if anyone is able to assist me with this question it would be much appreciated (don't think its a tricky one). I have a spreadsheet with cells AA4:AA26 returning either a "yes" or "no" based on other data in the sheet. If all the cells have a "yes" in them I would like to trigger a bet, is anyone able to put up the formula I will need to plug into Excel please?

Ideally once the bet has been placed I would like the bet ref to clear so if all criteria are met again later on another bet can be placed.

Many thanks if you can help.
soccergeez

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Easiest way is probably to reference a cell to something like count

just stick the formula =COUNTIF( AA4:AA26,"yes") in the count cell

That way you can trigger bets when the count cell is 21 i.e. all yes's and use the CLEAR command when a bet reference has been generated

Just stick

=IF(T5>0,"CLEAR",IF(count=26,"LAY","PENDING"))

to your trigger cell and copy it down if needed.

Obviously change T5 if that's not the bet reference cell and LAY to back if needed

It should check if a bet ref has been entered i.e. a bet placed and clear itself then check if all 21 cells say yes and trigger a bet. Obviously check it before using as clearing the betref will mean it'll keep kicking off bets with no other checks such as liabilities etc. Easy enpough to add other criteria by checking the profit/loss column to halt it when a limits been reached.
Captain Sensible

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 7:25 pm

thanks very much for your help Captain, unfortunately when I enter the formula in the trigger cells (q5 downwards) I get the error message #name?, any ideas??
soccergeez

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:35 pm

don't worry - sorted it, once again thanks for the help :lol:
soccergeez

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:59 pm

havent used this app for ages so guess I must be forgetting to do something really basic, all my criteria have been hit and in turn the triggers have turned from "pending" to "lay" but no bets have been placed for some reason.

Actually just thinking as I'm writing this I have put the stakes I want to use in the stake column (s), was that the correct thing to do or is that a confirmation of stake once the bet has been placed??
soccergeez

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:16 pm

Probably something basic - have you entered stakes and odds in the R & S columns ? Remembered to tick enable trigger betting when logging thru excel ?
Captain Sensible

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:30 pm

triggered betting is ticked, I have calculated stakes in another part of the sheet and have transferred them to the stake column, odds I want to lay at are the same as those in column H so I have =h5 etc etc in the odds column. Presume that is ok?
soccergeez

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:38 pm

Yep as long as the stakes and odds are filled it should trigger , make sure the LAY or BACK trigger is in capital letters
Captain Sensible

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:48 pm

aha, didnt realise that, it wasnt in capitals - thank you very much indeed, much appreciated.
soccergeez

Return to Help