Bit more trigger help please!!

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Bit more trigger help please!!

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:03 am

I have a triggered betting Excel sheet up and running at the moment, I'm hoping someone might be able to help me improve it a little please.

Basically its a sheet for laying selections, what I would like to be able to do is trade out my lay if part of my stake on a selection is not matched and my lay is no longer the best price to back. There will normally have been at least two or three selections layed in any one event so I would like to split the profit (or loss) as equally as possible between the 3 and obviously cancel the part of the lay which has remained unmatched to avoid it getting matched later on.

Anyone got any ideas how this might be done?
soccergeez

Postby soccergeez » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:33 am

Having thought about the above some more its probably not possible to do with BT, what I am worried about is leaving one selection with a big liability if a bet doesn't get matched in - running.

I think perhaps a simpler solution would be some sort of trigger which activates if one selections p&l is a minus and the others are in profit which would spread the profit equally between the selections.

Anyone have an idea how that might work please?
soccergeez

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:00 pm

The maths side is relatively easy to calculate, I've posted the calcs previoulsy on this thread

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =3067#3067

The mechanics of setting up the sheet obviously depends on how you fiing bets , clearing references etc - remember you can nest a lot of IF functions so it shouldn' be a problem - On some of my sheets I just log the market twice using one sheet to lay and the other to back and balance out
Captain Sensible

Postby soccergeez » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:59 pm

many thanks Captain.
soccergeez

Return to Help