Dutching in excel

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Dutching in excel

Postby GhostDog » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:57 pm

Hi
Anybody know why my dutching excel doesnt work.
Normal with fire a bet in excel works good, but now i have a dutching excel for the first 3 horses and it auto calculates the stakes but when to fire, it bet reference goes pending and then 0 and no bet is made ??? Dont understand it.
Alle help is needed.
GhostDog

Postby Mitch » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:40 am

Normally when you place a single bet, is it a whole number and for the dutching there is a decimal?

I know there has been issues before with the decimal seperator Excel uses and what Betfair expects.
Mitch

separator and decimals

Postby GhostDog » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:19 am

I have tryed with backing all the selections with 0.1 stake and it works, and with the calculatet dutch stake im using the round with 2 decimals and i wont work ???
Im living in denmark and we normall use , as a separator, but changed the settings to uk with . as separator in excel, so its really driving me crazy.
GhostDog

Postby Mitch » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:10 pm

Can you post examples of the formula, or vba if you use it?

It does seem very odd that it works in singles and not in multiples.

If you copy then "paste values" of your odds and stakes in non-formatted cells what do you get?
Mitch

dutch and level

Postby GhostDog » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:41 pm

is it possible to get your email, i dont use vba for it, so i could try to send the excel spreadsheets. I made 2, 1 with dutching the first 3 horses and another with levelbetting, and with same result ????
GhostDog

small stakes gone ????

Postby GhostDog » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:46 pm

Think i know what the problem is now, it dont seems to work to bet with small stakes anymore like 0.5 etc
GhostDog

Postby Mitch » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:50 pm

Glad you've figured it out :)
Mitch

Return to Help