Trigger betting question

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Trigger betting question

Postby 51m017 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:56 pm

This should be simple to answer......

Im using trigger betting to lay 2 minutes b4 the off with

=IF(AND(TEXT(NOW(),"hh:mm:ss")>"13:18:00",H7<=6),"LAY","")

I pick my selections the night b4 and want to lay if the odds meet my selected criteria.

In the odds cell i'm linking to the Lay 1 cell so i should get matched. But if i don't will my bet carry on and be posted in play??

Cheers in advance

Simon
51m017

Postby GeorgeUK » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:35 pm

I'm afraid not mate.

As with the betfair interface - if you put a lay bet on 2 min before the off, after the race starts all bets not accepted by someone else get cancelled. So your bet may end up canceled.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Mitch » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:48 pm

If it's a market with good liquidity so the LAY1, LAY2, LAY3 odds are only a tick or 2 apart then you could just link to the LAY2 or even LAY3 columns to make sure you get matched. If the odds might be more than a few ticks apart you could use the LAY1 odds in a vlookup or index/match formula to request a price 1 or 2 ticks on the 'safe-side' so you have more chance of being matched.
Mitch

Return to Help