Are there any web-based products similar to Gary's available

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Are there any web-based products similar to Gary's available

Postby one cool dog » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:52 pm

I absolutely do not want to take anything away from the product as it is a fantastic bit of kit. However, after having it available for ages I must get rid of it of my laptop as it is not my computer, which I am so gutted about. I can and will use it at a weekend, but I have the chance to make money through my work and do well with it because I am good at what I do.

I do not suspect there is anything that comes close to matching Gary's software, but I just wanted to ask.

I want to make it clear, however, that my preferred method is using Gary's software, but it is just not possible at work.

There is no way I can download any software to my local drive unfortunately.

Steve
one cool dog

Postby Mitch » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:23 pm

I have the software installed on my pc at home, and control it from work using logmein free.

Apart from being a little slow, it's just like being sat in front of your own computer.
Mitch

Postby terry-shep » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:44 pm

This might be some use to you, OCD. Try Oddzbreaker. I just punched it into Google after seeing a mention of it on another forum. It seems to do all the usual, though it has its own way, of course. It displays a ladder on the same screen as the grid, looks reasonable if you really must try something else. Not free, either but only about £18.

Perhaps you'd give an opinion after looking?

Cheers
Terry S
terry-shep

Postby one cool dog » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi

Thanks for your replies but they all seem to involve downloading something to your computer, which I cannot do.

Thanks
one cool dog

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:54 pm

There are a few reasons why a web product might not be practical or even possible.

1) You would be placing bets via a 3rd party. Their website might be slow to respond and therefore your bet will be delayed in reaching Betfair's server. Also would you be happy with a 3rd party seeing every transaction you make? This is the server side script scenario.

2) I don't think client side script (eg. Javascript/VBScript) could access Betfair's server due to the web browser's security.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby one cool dog » Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:01 pm

Hi Gary

Very good points there, but I have had my arm cut off - well you know what i mean at work - and I am gutted.

Just was desperate!

The Betfair site is a disgrace and you cannot sensibly bet in-running on there. I am good, but I cannot beat a crapy website that is too slow.
one cool dog

Return to Help