Using at work

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Using at work

Postby farrier » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi all. I am a new user and have found the programme really useful. My question is very simple. Does anyone have any idea how I can make use of this at work? Our security system is blocking the download. Is there any way around it?

Thanks

Chris
farrier

Postby GeorgeUK » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:12 pm

Not worth the risk mate.

Do your security system / IT dept not allow downloads of programmes? If this is the case, then there isn't really anything you can do without possibly risking your job.

Some people though have been able to use programmes that give them access to their home computer where they use the BA. Would this be of use?

Sorry if the above seems a bit full on, but breaking company policy on downloading programmes is not taken lightly by most companies. They'll be able to see what software is loaded onto each computer in the network so there's no real way of hiding it. Alot of IT depts do random checks to make sure they aren't falling foul of licensing policies. If they say no downloads - not worth the risk.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby BlueBoy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:08 pm

You could consider using Logmein - its a free program which you would load on your home pc and access from your work PC.

You dont need to load any software on the work PC - just use your browser to goto the logmein site, login and you then have access to your home PC as if you were at home sitting in front of it.

Google logmein to get to the website and setup the program on your home PC.

I hope you dont get into any trouble with your employer though.
BlueBoy

Postby farrier » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks both. I will think about what to try next.

Chris
farrier

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:28 am

I use logmein, but it does need to install something on your work pc, like an add-in. If your pc is set so that you can't download stuff then I doubt that it will work.
Mitch

Postby terry-shep » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:47 pm

Farrier

I have a possible solution for this though I don't know whether it's possible for you: you would need to be able to plug a thumb drive into the USB port. Also, it would need to be at least a 256MB one.

There's a free program called The Discombobulator. Yes, I know, it sounds ridiculous but it does run without installation and I have just verified that it will run from a USB plug-in stick. It needs the Java run-time to be present and this is 120MB, hence the need for a decent size stick. It's a perfectly capable one-click program, even has a 'bot to place your bets for you automatically!

The URL is www.gubbed.com/index.html

Have a look, might be a method.
Terry S
terry-shep

Postby one cool dog » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:17 pm

Hi

I tried to ask my Network people if I could use LogMeIn for 'work' stuff without mentioning it for my use, and the answer was no, as it is far too much of a risk to a company!

It is going to cost me at least 3k a year extra to my wages, but what can I do! Absolutely gutted and have to wait until night racing to start to be able to do it from home again. Betting on ATR pictures is a big no-no however, as SIS is way in front, so don't do it kids.

I now have to dream of a website that does what Gary's software does,. I need fast click and green-up function if anyone can do it?
one cool dog

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:03 am

just a thought - so don't shoot me.

would you be able to buy a palmtop or something and use Gary's software on it?
(i've no idea about these, but thought it might be worth considering)

Have you thought of having your own webpage?
(would need to be UK based probably so no issues with America & betting etc)
Try rentacoder and see what some of the programmers may come up with. Can't hurt to ask.

Yup - just throwing longshots out there, but thats all i have i'm afraid
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Return to Help