log current prices help

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

log current prices help

Postby robbi100 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:40 am

Hi everyone,

I'm trying out this interesting software, I'm experiencing problems wit excel, i open Ba, log in BF, select a market, open excel, click log current prices and in the pop-up window do not appear the workbook name and the worksheet name nor i can't write them directly so nothing happen. It used to work before, it looks to happen when i close a book to start another one, i had to close BA and start all over again to see it working but now i repeated the process 5 times and nothing happens.. any idea?

thanks in advance
robbi100

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:32 pm

Might depend on your settings. A few people have problems with excel that are not from the UK.

Try going to the betfair site and after logging in, change the location to English UK
(I think it's just under the login on the main screen)

If that doesn't do it, possibly also your regional settings.
Let us know how you do.

What version of excel are you using?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby robbi100 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:14 pm

well, I'm not sure which version is :oops: should be 2006 since this is a newly built pc with XP pro 2006, the fact is that for years I used XP home with openoffice and I completely forget of ms spreadsheet.

BF is already configured for UK but indeed my regional settings are GMT+7.00, do you think I've to change them? I'm going to try.

thanks for your consideration
robbi100

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:41 pm

Looks like the problem is openoffice (i hope)
You need to use excel.

Hope you're sorted now :D
GeorgeUK

Postby robbi100 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:56 pm

I used Openoffice with the last pc and I know it doesn't work at all, I'm talking of ms excel. Anyway I'll change my regional settings and tomorrow I'll try out...now is 11 pm here.

thanks again
robbi100

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:14 pm

Sorry Robbi - misunderstood.

To check your excel version, goto help - about and it should tell you what you are using. This is probably not the problem as i notice you say it worked before.

When you have excel open, if you do CTRL, ALT + Del you should see the processes that are running.
One of these will be EXCEL.EXE
When you close excel that should disappear, but sometimes for various reasons (like a crash) it doesn't. This means when you open excel again with this process already running, BA will look at the original EXCEL.EXE process which is only running in the background and not the workbook you just opened.

If you don't see anything in BA for worksheet name or workbook, close down excel, then check that an excel process is not running in the background (Ctrl Alt Del) - if it is, do endtask and this should hopefully be the end of the problem.
GeorgeUK

Postby robbi100 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:49 pm

Excel is 2002 but it doesn't matter anymore infact what you suggested was exactly the case excel.exe keep running as a process and I've to terminate it through the task manager :D

I apprecciate it, thank you indeed.

PS.
I wonder if even up there in cold Scotland BF API's freezing? down here is not cold at all but BA API freezes and it's no more reliable for fast moving markets, yet i recognize the software is not to blame since BA non-API works perfectly.
robbi100

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:12 pm

Not used the API part for a while - no idea how to make a profit with it.

As for freezing, why do you think so few Scotsmen wear kilts nowadays?

Heard a few grunbles on the Betfair forum about the API too.
Can't see them keeping their paying customers much longer if it's actually faster to use screenscraping techniques - even if the site is updated every so often.
GeorgeUK

Postby robbi100 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:40 pm

well, i like to think of Scotland as a cold place, don't like this global warming at all, guess the Scots anticipated it by centuries otherwise how they could wear kilts and drink cold beer this far? :)

all the best George
robbi100

Return to Help