Hypothetical question

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Hypothetical question

Postby Mitch » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:35 am

Hi Gary,

first of all, massive respect to you for creating this and sharing it.

Can anyone tell me what is fed back into the Excel sheet if the following happens....

I use BACK to trigger a bet, but on the next refresh I see it hasn't been matched so I then use CANCEL to cancel it. Inbetween refreshes of the sheet the original back has been matched.

Would I get matched odds and stake in the end columns, or an error message, or something else? :?
Mitch

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:16 am

The cancel request is sent through immediately so if Excel has just refreshed and cancel is triggered the bet would have to be taken within milliseconds of cancel being triggered for the cancel to be too late. If it does happen then the bet reference and time is cleared so the bet reference will not be seen on the next refresh so the average odds will never been populated. This is not how I wanted it to work so I am glad you asked the question. I will fix it today!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Village » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Hello Gary, this is a difficult one to test, so please could you help me by explaining what happens? Using the Excel interface, if a CANCEL command is submitted when the bet is showing as unmatched, but the bet is matched or partially matched in the short space of time before the cancel takes effect, is the bet ref and/or the amount matched shown on the spreadsheet now? If part of the bet has been matched then it's important to know, because if this has happened, then I may want to place an opposite bet to limit my liabilities.

If you do go full time and are able to produce a manual, then an explanation of how the Betting Assistant writes to, and submits orders from Excel would be much appreciated by myself. For instance, does it write all the columns in one go, or some columns separately? This would be useful to know so I can decide the best way to trigger my macros.

Many thanks and good luck with it!
Village

Postby GaryRussell » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm

The bet reference is not cleared if the cancel request does not cancel the entire stake, but it is important to know that the matched stake is not updated in Excel until the next refresh whereas the bet ref would be cleared on the current refresh if the cancel was successfull. I hope this helps.

I will be documenting in detail how the Excel feature works along with the rest of the program in the near future as I am painfully aware that documentation is sadly lacking.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Village » Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:01 pm

Thanks for clarifying this, it is indeed a help!
Village

Return to Help