One click trading - free program coming soon

Contains all messages from 'One click trading - free program coming soon' thread on Betfair's General Betting forum. Archived on 19/11/2005.

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:27 am

Originally posted by: bridgers
Ok done some more investigation and.

If I set the international options up to force the excel sheet to use a decimal point as a seperator BUT then use a comma in the odds cell, so that the numbers become text. I can get the program to accept 2,5 3,5 etc ok.

But still cannot get anything below 2 no matter what the settings are.

So this should be an issue for all European systems no?

Sorry to labour the point but if this effects me it would effect all users who are using an European set up.

So set up 1.

Normal European set up. Comma for decimal: Can only place bets using whole numbers 2 and above.

Normal European set but select decimal instead of comma as seperator under international options.
Can place bets using fractional numbers but only above 2 and use a comma instead of a decimal still no bets placed when odds are below 2.

Hope this helps
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:19 pm

Originally posted by: mikeyboymike
Hi Layit could you clarify the function of the CANCEL trigger please. You originally posted

"CANCEL will cancel the reference in the bet ref column only, not all open bets for the selection."

At first I thought it just cleared the bet ref column but after rereading and a post by G-factor I think it now cancels the bet with that bet ref if not already matched.

Is that true? Thanks
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:52 pm

Originally posted by: thunderfoot
Could someone summarise what the EXCEL 'triggers' are and what their meanings are:-
I've got :

BACK - which means placing a Back Bet at Odds & Stake selected.
LAY - which means placing a Lay Bet at Odds & Stake selected.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:55 pm

Originally posted by: LayItYouMug
bridgers. Sorry you're having these problems. It sounds like it's almost certainly the decimal point issue which was a problem in the early days of the program and it must be affecting european users. I will sort it as soon as I can. If not today then definitely tomorrow.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:56 pm

Originally posted by: RD
Any word on if a multiples 'module' is possible?
It would be excellent if you could do this Gary. It would make your program different (and more desirable) than the others
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 3:04 pm

Originally posted by: IanP
RD I don't see how that would be possible - you would need to know the result of event1 before deciding on the stake for the event2 onwards. Where would you get this from ? If you tried to use the result of settled bets on here - what about where an event goes off late or settlement is delayed.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:33 pm

I once tried to set-up a 'looped' EXCEL macro which operated on the worksheet that BA downloads the data too. I found that because it was a 'loop' macro the data from BA wasn't being updated, so what I did was to set-up another EXCEL file that was linked to the EXCEL file/worksheet that BA was downloading too. Has anyone else found this problem and is there a way around not having to set-up another EXCEL file?
(I had set the macro to 'loop' in a "WAIT" mode until a preset time before a Horse Race was due to start and then the macro "STOPPED" when the Horse Race went In-Play. What the macro did, when it started, was to log all the Betting activity on a Horse Race from the preset time until the race went In-Play.)

I've had a practise with the 'Trigger Betting' in EXCEL and found that it was instantly recorded on BA. <b>Brilliant!!!!</b>

I think I've seen this question in an earlier posting, but is there a way to automatically record the actual Start time of a race, so that I can set a formulae 'Trigger' to begin when the current time is 'x' seconds after the Start time.? I know it can be done with a macro, but as I mentioned earlier, I found a problem with Macro's operating on the download file.

All my macros are EXCEL Module Macros operated by pressing a button, don't know if Worksheet/Workbook macros would cure the problem mentioned, and I don't have much experience of these or understand the advantages (if any) in using Worksheet/Workbook macros.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:10 pm

Thunderfoot ... you don't really need to use "looped "macros because you can use a Worksheet_Calculate macro which will run every time the BA updates the data. There's some coding above which will capture the off time.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:28 pm

Thanks IanP (from IanD!!)

Has anyone tried using the 'Triggered Betting' for identifying and placing stakes in Arbitrage situations (both Back & Lay)? Both In-Play & Not In-Play.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:49 pm

Originally posted by: bridgers
LayItYouMug

No apology needed, I'm not in Germany long and so it will not effect me forever. So please attend to other more pressing problems rather than fix something only on my account. I just wanted to ensure you were aware of the bug and hopefully give you some useful feedback.

The program is excellent and will help me out a lot, pay pal donation on its way!

I noticed when reading back through the posts that at first you had forgot about the comma usage on mainland Europe and that you beat yourself up over it. Given that your just one bloke programming a complex program your efforts are amazing. At one point I worked for Saab as the Design Engineer for in car Navigation. The supplier Delphi managed to forget that when you passed over the greenwhich meridian from East to West the sign on the Latitude changed from positive to minus the upshot of this was that the navigation system didn't work west of the meridian and suddenly fired into life once you crossed it!

This was a team of software engineers who all forgot this minor point, I'd rather have you working on it than them!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:44 pm

Originally posted by: G-Factor
Hi all,

Regarding the looped macro. I've just been messing with it and at work (Excel 97) the sheet does not refresh whatever I do while a macro is running, but at home (Excel 2003) it will refresh if a DoEvents statement is in the loop. Wierd huh!

Also, one for the Excel experts. I keep reading about the worksheet_calculate routine but I have been using worksheet_change because it's what I'm used to. Is there an advantage using one over the other?

Cheers guys.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:54 pm

Originally posted by: G-Factor
Mikeyboymike,

"CANCEL will cancel the reference in the bet ref column only, not all open bets for the selection."

I took this as meaning that is cancels the bet that the reference relates to, rather than clearing the column that the reference is in.

LayIt, or anyone..

What feed back does Excel show if a request to cancel a bet can't be done because the bet has been matched in the meantime?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:02 pm

G-Factor - I think that Worksheet_Change only works when you manually enter data whereas Worksheet_Calculate runs when the sheets recalculates regardless of how it gets the data. Not 100% certain though.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:31 pm

Originally posted by: LayItYouMug
I have created a forum. Adding a link to my website shortly. Thanks to Toma for recommending the forum software.

<a href="http://domain921509.sites.fasthosts.com/forum/" target="_blank">http://domain921509.sites.fasthosts.com/forum/</a>
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:44 pm

I have created a forum. Adding a link to my website shortly. Thanks to Toma for recommending the forum software.

<a href="http://domain921509.sites.fasthosts.com/forum/" target="_blank">http://domain921509.sites.fasthosts.com/forum/</a>

Yippeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Betfair General Betting Thread Archive