Simple way to Set up Autoload Markets and Sheets for a day ?

Find a developer for your Excel triggered betting needs and advertise your development service here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Simple way to Set up Autoload Markets and Sheets for a day ?

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:00 am

I have spent some time looking for a solution to this issue, and I am sure that there is one but I cant quite grasp it at the moment. I am doing a lot of it using AutoHotKeys which works more or less mostly.

So, what I want to do is:-

Start BA and log it in to my account.

Set up to autoload each Australian Gallops Win Market @ 1 min to jump.

Open 6 individual work sheets each with a "Market", "Selections", "Mybets" and "Results" tab [like the standard example with a "Results" tab] and link to the Win Gallops Markets and let them trigger.

In addition autoload each Australian Gallops Place Market @ 1 min to the jump.

Open a single work sheet with the "Market", "Selections", "Mybets" and "Results" tab [like the standard example with a "Results" tab] and link to the Place Gallops Market and let it trigger.

So this looks simple except as far as I can figure out BA can not be set to by default deal with two different quick pick lists [Win Gallops and Place Gallops], default to loading any assigned Quick Pick List @ a specific time, and autoload the assigned Log Muliple QuickPick List.

So is there anyway to:-

1. Autolink and Trigger BA for a defined quickpick list and set of spreadsheets on startup ? maybe Profiles will do it?

or

2. Autotrigger an excel instance when a BA profile loads which with a Auto_Open or OpenEvent set up in which case all the right spreadsheets could be opened and then AutoHotKey can probably handle the rest.

Doing it as currently with AutoHotKey is a bit messy and not 100% reliable.

All assistance gratefully accepted.

thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:35 am

what you ask for can be done using the
Excel->Log multiple sheets quick link
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:58 am

alrodopial wrote:what you ask for can be done using the
Excel->Log multiple sheets quick link

After your reply I went back and had another look @ Excel-->Log Multiple sheets ......... and you are right. I had missed some of the switches available. In fact I had tried it before posting and it only part worked. I am still not sure how to set up dealing with both win and place markets but maybe that can be done with two different profiles or two instances of BA running assuming that a profile remembers the related sheets.

Forward progress I think.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:14 am

No need for second profile because you can set ba to load in first tab the quick pick list you want and in the second tab another quick pick list.
You can also lead these tabs to diff worksheets or workbooks
All these under excel-> multiple ......
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:30 am

alrodopial wrote:No need for second profile because you can set ba to load in first tab the quick pick list you want and in the second tab another quick pick list.
You can also lead these tabs to diff worksheets or workbooks
All these under excel-> multiple ......

Thanks for the continuing assistance. I think that this is a great feature but it really needs some explanation and documentation.

So opening the second tab and selecting an alternative market is fine BUT when you open up the excel-> multiple [Excel Quick Link] page then all the spreadsheets supposed to open up on the first TAB are also there. So if they have selections which are in the second tabs markets are they also going to fire for those markets ? or does each spreadsheet know which market it is supposed to access from whatever was in the quick pick list when the spreadsheet was selected?

..or..

do you specify a quickpick market for each individual spreadsheet from the "Quick Pick Markets" column in the Excel Quick Link?

As I said, a great feature but not intuitive to use at all.

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:31 am

Happy Harry wrote:
..or..

do you specify a quickpick market for each individual spreadsheet from the "Quick Pick Markets" column in the Excel Quick Link?

This is the right answer. I still need to figure out the next column which I will look at after the end of the day - shows up with the same headings as the Quick Pict Markets".

So what happens when you load a Excel Quick Link set of markets with each individual one for each spreadsheet selected in the table is that any additional tabs you already have open get closed and the Table gets loaded.

HH
Happy Harry

Postby Happy Harry » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 am

And now for some reason it is skipping some bets ie some of the sheets are not triggering reliably. Is that because there are both win bets and lay bets from different sheets but in the same market?

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:14 am

I dont understand the "column at the end of day"
take a look:
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/7902538/file.html

You will create a new profile with the ie two markets you want under the "log multiple sheets quick link" that you will run whenever is needed
their respective quick pick lists can be set in the "quick pick markets column" like in the picture
If you want to place extra bets or monitor a new market you will do it in a new tab or in a new ba instance
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:46 am

alrodopial wrote:I dont understand the "column at the end of day"

Almost got it sorted. "column at the end of the day" was in reference to me looking at the things after I had closed off at the end of yesterday.

Now looking at your attached image, you will see that you have 2 items selected under "Quick Pick Markets" and you also have 1 item selected under "Additional Columns" - column next to "Quick Pick Markets". What is the "Additional Columns" for as the contents look identical to "Quick Pick Markets" ?

It appears that the reason that the spreadsheets were not processing all the bets was because I did not have "Clear" Checkboxs - 6th and 5th from right set. What then happens is that the first time Selection number 6. for example is triggered the "Bet Reference" column on the Market Worksheet is filled in. When another market is selected the spreadsheet will continue to work but only for every selection except number 6. and so on an so forth so over the course of an afternoon progressively less and less selections will trigger. There is a reference to it in the excel help portion of the help file so Operator Error - me.

Without doubt it is a very good feature and all it needed was clear instructions for simpletons like me AND to make it easier to use the obvious checkbox's that are going to be needed like the "Clear" ones already populated. I will suggest that to Gary for the upcoming release.

Anyway, all good now I think.
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:54 am

Happy Harry wrote: What is the "Additional Columns" for as the contents look identical to "Quick Pick Markets" ?

columns like sp prices, stall draw, owner etc

I had the exact problem sometime ago, these two columns been the same, uninstall and install the below version, will probably solve the problem

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... _Beta2.msi
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:13 am

alrodopial wrote:
Happy Harry wrote: What is the "Additional Columns" for as the contents look identical to "Quick Pick Markets" ?

columns like sp prices, stall draw, owner etc

I had the exact problem sometime ago, these two columns been the same, uninstall and install the below version, will probably solve the problem

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... _Beta2.msi

Ah that is what I had sort of figured without knowing about the Beta2 update. Having said that it would appear that the version that I am using uses the current standard excel preferences so things like "sp prices", which my spreadsheets use and loads those preferences anyway.

So here are my conclusions after a fairly successful ANZAC day set of races. And my day started very early as I have been on the team doing traffic management and so on for the RSL here in Australia for a very long time so my day started @ 2.45 am to probably the best weather here in Australia for an ANZAC day for many years. Anyway, maybe the nice day was a portent for the good day racing wise.

The conclusions.

1. The Excel->Log multiple sheets quick link is really good.
2. The Excel->Log multiple sheets quick link needs proper documentation and some tweaking to set as standard some of the obvious to simpletons like me proper requirements - particularly the "Clear" check box's and in addition to this some explanation in the The Excel->Log multiple sheets quick link documentation of what is going on with these check box's and why.
3. The Excel->Log multiple sheets need documentation which explain that when the "Start Logging" button is pressed IT WILL close all open Pages and New Pages and open an entirely new set of pages unrelated to anything that you have done manually and will open all the linked and only the linked spreadsheets and markets nominated in the Excel->Log multiple sheets quick link.
4. Once set up and understood it works flawlessly. In fact I dont know if it is using OLE for support, I am going to try and trigger it from elsewhere when I have a few hours to play with it but it is really really good. It is also really badly documented so have some patience.
5. Why it seems to support existing preferences set in the normal Excel Open functions for "Additional Columns" while not supporting everything else that is normally preset looks like an oversight. Alrodopial's solution for another version makes me a bit nervous so hopefully Gary is reading this thread and will simply make everything consistent into the future. I am guessing that this is not high on the client "ask" list so may not be high on the "to be fixed list" but when you get it working it is really really good. Got me sold anyway and I had 7 linked sheets open today and they over some 291 bets today - both lays and bets - placed every single one perfectly and recorded the results perfectly also.

HH

HH
Happy Harry

Postby alrodopial » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:39 am

Happy Harry wrote: needs proper documentation

We are waiting for a usermanual update for one year? two years?

Sorry Garry, but it's the true

We are also waiting for a new official version for quite some time now but at this case many updates/fixes are done in the meantime, not official releases but still usefull improvements
alrodopial

Postby NorthView » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:54 am

alrodopial, you should offset this against the cost of £6/month.

Frequent updates of the user guide etc will cost a lot extra as they'd probably have to employ someone to do it.
NorthView

Postby alrodopial » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:36 pm

This is a strange one.
An update of the usermanual would have made unnecessary many of the questions made in this forum in last months.
On the other hand many of the questions have been answered here so time spend already. For me it's mostly a matter of daily small improvements ( this one is hard ) rather than a large yearly update.
I have been given help personally by Garry/Mark himself so this is not the case.
Garry/Mark what are your plans for the product?
alrodopial

Postby Happy Harry » Tue May 06, 2014 8:26 am

OK - need some further suggestions.

It has now been running flawlessly for 11 days or so. Absolutely perfect. But today one spreadsheet out of the 8 did not link properly and I didn't notice so it failed to load the markets and failed to work at all throughout the day.

Looking@ the BA Tab that TAB was loading the markets @ 1 min just like it should. The Selections were validly in the spreadsheet. But the Market@ the end of the day was identical to the last market that it loaded last night before close off.

Closing BA down, then reloading the same spreadsheet, manually adding an extra valid selection for a Harness Racing Meeting and letting BA load @ 1 min and fire it was just perfect.

So although BA said [under excel for that tab] that it was linked it was not linked seems to be the problem. Certainly the tab was selecting the market but the Market Tab on the spreadsheet was not populating but was still on yesterdays market.

The "Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link" was not altered between yesterday and today.

Anyone with any ideas ...... almost as though the Log Multiple Sheets Quick Link Link needs a little delay to complete the link before it moves to the next sheet ..... or something similar. ?

Thanks

HH
Happy Harry

Return to Find an Excel developer