Response time?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Response time?

Postby fraybentos » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:57 am

Just lately i have been struggling to make any money in-running.There are two reasons why this might be happening,
i) the tracks that i have been to have had some good teams working there(thus beating me to the prices)
ii) the software is sometimes slow.

Could someone tell me please if the response time can tell me if it might be the second reason. What should the response time be?
fraybentos

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:58 pm

The response time just shows the round trip from you placing your bet to betfairs servers and back. The lower the better. Obviously if there's a 1 second delay and your response is 1273ms then the response time is 273ms. I've noticed slow response times using the API and use the old version at the moment for anything that needs speed
Captain Sensible

Postby fraybentos » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:43 pm

thankyou very much i will go bac to the old version for a test. Its just hard to find out the reason when there could be several.
fraybentos

Postby fraybentos » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:49 pm

could you tell me wot wud be a satisfactory response time for in-running please.Beforre the in-running opens up i can make a bet with a time of about 600. In-running i have been getting about 1230. Is that too slow????
fraybentos

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:42 pm

A response time of 600 seems high should really be in the 10's of milliseconds . Mine at the moment are around 70 ms but it's hardly an active period now at 9:41 UK time.
Captain Sensible

Postby fraybentos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:25 pm

so wot do u suggest i do to get a quicker time? Also wot is your reponse time for in runnin?

thx for your help!
fraybentos

Return to Discussion