Excel Triggered Betting basics

Here you will find videos demonstrating how to use various features in Betting Assistant

Excel Triggered Betting basics

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:12 pm

This video demonstrates setting up Betting Assistant and Excel to do triggered betting.
This only shows the basics of what is a big subject.

https://www.gruss-software.co.uk/demo_videos/ExcelBasic.html
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby modelman » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm

Is there a way the odds can be logged down the page.?
example

Djokovic Nadal

Back Lay Back Lay

1.70 1.75 2.35 2.40
1.90 1.95 2.16 2.20
1.60 1.65 2.19 2.25

and so on throughout the match
which could take hundreds or thousands
of rows

The formulas I am writing need odds to be kept and not overwritten
Or has anyone any other suggestions.?
I am trying to do some auto scalping and not sure where to start. I
would like advice on the ways that data can be downloaded to Excel in
order that I can design a suitable program
Thanks
Ian
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
modelman

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:56 am

Not directly supported by the software. In fact it's against Betfair's API terms and conditions to provide an option to record odds history. You could maybe use a developer to do this for your own personal use. See http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=12
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby modelman » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Thanks Gary
Yes I read somewhere it was against Betfair rules but the recording was not for testing purposes only for a match.
However I found your spreadsheet "Scalp-Example" and this maybe the answer to what I am trying to achieve. The "clear" is a useful function hence not needing to record odds. I am only trying to BACK and LAY.
Is it possible with that spreadsheet to back and Lay both players or do I need two spreadsheets open?
Ian
Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
modelman

Re: Excel Triggered Betting basics

Postby Woody121 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:04 am

Thank you for supplying the sample "Place_Bets" spreadsheet. It has helped me to start to understand the interface requirements. When I activate 'log current prices' the horses populate the "Market" tab in the spreadsheet with their respective numbers. Do I need to add these numbers to the horse name on the "selections" tab?

Also I want to set up the sheet to make BACKSP bets only at this stage. Is it as simple as replacing BACK with BACKSP in the formulaes or is there more to it? Is there a sample similar to this spreadsheet that only backs SP?
Woody121

Postby Woody121 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:18 am

I am trying to BACKSP within a given odds range. If I prompt the excel formulae for cell E2 respond when "Not in Play" then the bet accepts as BACKSP but the changing odds can finish outside the range when the race is off. If I prompt the excel formulae for cell E2 to respond when "In Play" then the bet is unable to be accepted by Betfair (CANNOT_ACCEPT_BET is the bet ref message). I presume this is due to betting restrictions in Australia (In Play only allowed via phone only).

Any thoughts on how I can get real BACKSP and only when they are within my odds range?
Woody121

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:16 am

Hi,

You can't specify a range using BACKSP.

When you use this trigger you are instructing the software to place a back bet to be matched at SP.
The odds that you put in in the trigger are the minimum odds that you are prepared to be matched at, the same as if you placed an SP bet via the Betfair website.
Once the bet is placed it cannot be cancelled and will be matched in the SP reconciliation as long as it meets the minimum stake requirement and the SP odds are above the minimum that you have specified.

You can't place an SP bet where the market is already In Play.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby IntIan » Sun May 09, 2021 4:46 pm

This requires the adobe flash player and browsers no longer support this. Is the video available anywhere else?
IntIan

Postby GaryRussell » Tue May 11, 2021 11:38 am

IntIan wrote:This requires the adobe flash player and browsers no longer support this. Is the video available anywhere else?

We are planning on creating a new video. In the meantime you can use the flash stand alone player.

1. Download player from https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/f ... _32_sa.exe

2. Run the player and select file|open. Use the following url when prompted http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/demo_vi ... lBasic.swf
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Demo Videos