Here we will notify you of important information

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Laying below minimum stakes

Postby Daywalker » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:01 pm

This works for me too, brilliant
Daywalker

Postby Fawltyrat » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:17 pm

no trouble at this point..all seems ok..thank you sincerely guys..

I wonder did they roll something back with that update?
Fawltyrat

Postby GaryRussell » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:50 am

Fawltyrat wrote:no trouble at this point..all seems ok..thank you sincerely guys..

I wonder did they roll something back with that update?

The update was to fix an issue where bets were slow to appear.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:34 pm

Might be unrelated to this but why are below minimum stakes appearing on the ladder now? I now see stakes like 0.55 or 1.20 which weren't visible before, with these settings : https://i.imgur.com/gPoAR6v.png

Also, what exactly do I get with "Full Prices Stream by default" that I don't otherwise get with Stream Prices and Stream Orders already turned on? (PS and OS)
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:57 am

BruceLeet wrote:Might be unrelated to this but why are below minimum stakes appearing on the ladder now? I now see stakes like 0.55 or 1.20 which weren't visible before, with these settings : https://i.imgur.com/gPoAR6v.png

Also, what exactly do I get with "Full Prices Stream by default" that I don't otherwise get with Stream Prices and Stream Orders already turned on? (PS and OS)

The streaming API does not roll up stakes for full market depth (prices beyond the best 3). You would have seen the same in version 44a.

I've just added a topic to the FAQ forum regarding full stream. See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=10649
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Cheers Gary. I did only turn on the "Full stream" option so hard to tell the difference.
BruceLeet

Postby Deestar » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 am

[quote="GaryRussell"][quote="BruceLeet"]Just wanted to confirm that the "Subscribe forum" feature is working as intended, just got notified about Version 1.3.0.45h via email. Thank you.[/quote]

Great. Thanks for letting us know. Nice to put out a change that was an improvement and not a fix this time.[/quote]

This was working for me too, but I didn't get an email for the latest update "k"?
Deestar

Postby Deestar » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:19 am

Ignore that it seems you have to visit the forum between notifications, which I obviously had not. Cheers
Deestar

Postby BruceLeet » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:29 pm

Not sure if anyone else noticed this bug here, but I've seen it a couple hundred times now in the past few weeks since the recent changes to minimum stakes were introduced. I'll post it here since it seems related somehow, it was working fine before for a few years since I've been using Gruss.

I've done a small test here on this market to demonstrate the issue : https://i.imgur.com/RgE2dtl.png

When using the tick offset feature with auto level turned on it will never fully hedge your position, like you see in the image above, the profit/loss column on the left side will remain open, from my experience this will happen every single time so easy to replicate. You have to hedge again for 0.01 cents to fully close it and to fully hedge (green up), which is possible most of the time but not always (depending on price due to recent minimum stakes changes). It's been very annoying to say the least having to do the same action (hedging) twice. I mentioned it a couple times earlier in the thread but this should be a clear enough example so hopefully it's an easy fix for Gary/Mark.

My Betfair account is in Euro so this may not be an issue for UK customers, if anyone can confirm/deny whether the offset feature is working and hedging correctly that would be great. Other types of hedging (without offset) seem to be working fine but I'll do some more testing and keep an eye out during my trading sessions.
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:59 am

BruceLeet wrote:Not sure if anyone else noticed this bug here, but I've seen it a couple hundred times now in the past few weeks since the recent changes to minimum stakes were introduced. I'll post it here since it seems related somehow, it was working fine before for a few years since I've been using Gruss.

I've done a small test here on this market to demonstrate the issue : https://i.imgur.com/RgE2dtl.png

When using the tick offset feature with auto level turned on it will never fully hedge your position, like you see in the image above, the profit/loss column on the left side will remain open, from my experience this will happen every single time so easy to replicate. You have to hedge again for 0.01 cents to fully close it and to fully hedge (green up), which is possible most of the time but not always (depending on price due to recent minimum stakes changes). It's been very annoying to say the least having to do the same action (hedging) twice. I mentioned it a couple times earlier in the thread but this should be a clear enough example so hopefully it's an easy fix for Gary/Mark.

My Betfair account is in Euro so this may not be an issue for UK customers, if anyone can confirm/deny whether the offset feature is working and hedging correctly that would be great. Other types of hedging (without offset) seem to be working fine but I'll do some more testing and keep an eye out during my trading sessions.

I will release an update to fix this shortly.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby BruceLeet » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:51 am

[quote="GaryRussell"]I will release an update to fix this shortly.[/quote]

Great to hear. Not sure why the quoting doesn't work properly on the forum, I see it working fine for the admins.

I can report another new bug, probably related to the recent changes as well, not seen it before but happens a few times every day for me.

When I open multiple market tabs (5+) sometimes the ladder for new ones doesn't load properly (it's completely empty like in the pic below) or it takes a long time to open, this fresh Barcelona example took about a minute to load : https://i.imgur.com/uF2qDD9.png . I replicated the bug on Barcelona by opening 5+ tabs and then changing any minor option in the options menu.

This especially happens when I have up to 10 market tabs open and then I change any minor detail in the settings after which the markets get "refreshed" when I close the options window, but then some of the markets turn up with empty ladders or take a long time to open. A short workaround that I use for this is to quickly turn off PS (price streaming) and turn it back on, after which all of the markets and ladders populate normally. So maybe the markets lose the connection to streaming or something along those lines? Like the previous recent bug where streaming kept getting disconnected which you guys fixed the other day.
BruceLeet

Postby BruceLeet » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:59 am

Uploaded a better example image to see it more clearly, for the above post : https://i.imgur.com/DvtKpln.png

I would have edited the post but we don't have the ability to edit forum posts.
BruceLeet

Postby BruceLeet » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:42 am

While you're on the subject of fixing the tick offset leveling/hedging, could you please add this simple option somewhere in general options so that we can make it default behavior and to make it apply for all markets? https://i.imgur.com/dGIxquB.png

Because otherwise we have to turn on this Auto Level option manually for each individual market and it gets very tiresome when operating with multiple markets throughout long trading sessions.
BruceLeet

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:43 am

BruceLeet wrote:While you're on the subject of fixing the tick offset leveling/hedging, could you please add this simple option somewhere in general options so that we can make it default behavior and to make it apply for all markets? https://i.imgur.com/dGIxquB.png

Because otherwise we have to turn on this Auto Level option manually for each individual market and it gets very tiresome when operating with multiple markets throughout long trading sessions.

Will see what I can do for the next release. Did not make this morning's release unfortunately.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:44 am

BruceLeet wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:I will release an update to fix this shortly.

Great to hear. Not sure why the quoting doesn't work properly on the forum, I see it working fine for the admins.

I can report another new bug, probably related to the recent changes as well, not seen it before but happens a few times every day for me.

When I open multiple market tabs (5+) sometimes the ladder for new ones doesn't load properly (it's completely empty like in the pic below) or it takes a long time to open, this fresh Barcelona example took about a minute to load : https://i.imgur.com/uF2qDD9.png . I replicated the bug on Barcelona by opening 5+ tabs and then changing any minor option in the options menu.

This especially happens when I have up to 10 market tabs open and then I change any minor detail in the settings after which the markets get "refreshed" when I close the options window, but then some of the markets turn up with empty ladders or take a long time to open. A short workaround that I use for this is to quickly turn off PS (price streaming) and turn it back on, after which all of the markets and ladders populate normally. So maybe the markets lose the connection to streaming or something along those lines? Like the previous recent bug where streaming kept getting disconnected which you guys fixed the other day.

The hedging issue should be solved by this morning's update. I will investigate this other issue as soon as possible.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements