Conditional Bets

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Conditional Bets

Postby SW » Mon May 18, 2009 3:01 am

I've just started using the software, currently testing a lay system on the horses and have been using Gruss to place the bets just before the off if they meet the price criteria set out in conditional bets. For each selection I lay it with a stake of $10 at the lay price if the price is less than $9.

Gruss placed about 30 lays for me yesterday and about 6 bets lost. The odds on the losing selections were all matched around the $6-8 mark but when I looked up the prices on betfair at the end of the day the odds for my losing selections were listed around $3 mark.

Any idea how this would have happened?
Would it help to set bet price to "Last price matched" instead of "Lay Price"?

Also, it takes a long time to load conditional bets for up to 40 different races and it freezes my computer with all the open tabs. Is there a way to speed up the process. I'm guessing excel would automate the conditional criteria settings so I don't have to manually type them into the conditional bets dialogue for each race? If so are there any simple ecxel templates for this?

Thanks for any advice on this
SW

Postby SW » Mon May 18, 2009 6:44 am

Ignore the first question in my previous post - I've isolated the problem
SW

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 18, 2009 8:30 am

If you only need the criteria to be checked just before the race then you could use Excel triggered betting. This way you only need to have one market open at a time.

See http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/E ... etting.htm for details of a spreadsheet where you can enter a list of horse names and criteria.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help