Results not being logged

Please post any questions regarding the program here.

Moderator: 2020vision

Results not being logged

Postby SW » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:02 am

For some reason my triggers are working and the bets are being placed but the results are not being logged to my results sheet even though I have pointed BA to my results sheet in the Excel/log current prices menu.

Also the bet reference in my primary market sheet changes to CANCELLED afterwards and stays thee until the next race is selected but it seems to have placed the bet anyway.

Any reason why these things may be happening? I am using the spreadsheet from this forum - http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Excel/E ... etting.htm

My excel error log says
2:54:24 PM - Writing ref, bet time, matched odds, matched stake and P&L columns - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800AC472): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateSet(Object o, Type& objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean OptimisticSet, CallType UseCallType)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase, CallType CallType)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments)
at Betting_Assistant.Excel.setCells(Object xlRange, Object[,] wCells, String action)
SW

Postby SW » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:04 am

There is also this in the excel error log:

2:54:24 PM - Writing odds - System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800AC472): Exception from HRESULT: 0x800AC472
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateSet(Object o, Type& objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean OptimisticSet, CallType UseCallType)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase, CallType CallType)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSet(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments)
at Betting_Assistant.Excel.setCells(Object xlRange, Object[,] wCells, String action)
SW

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:56 am

Which markets are you betting on?
Does CANCELLED appear on every single bet or intermittently?
Does CANCELLED appear straight away or does the bet reference appear before then? Are you sure it's not changing to CANCELLED after the market has settled before the next market is selected? This is normal as the matched bets are removed from the current market and CANCELLED will appear as it can no longer match the bet reference in Excel to the bets manager in Betting Assistant.
Are any bet results being logged or none of them?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby SW » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 am

I'm betting on AUS gallops to win markets. Cancelled appears after the bet reference has disappeared and market settled. Thanks for clearing that one up - wasn't sure if it was normal.

However no bets were being logged at all.
I have been manually selecting races if that makes a difference?

In the "excel - log current prices" menu of BA, I have all of the triggered betting features selected except: 'CLEAR' trigger clears matched odds.

UPDATE: I just hit the button "restore 2 Refs from previous session" so that it turned green and now it seems to be logging the results...
SW

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 am

Manually selecting markets is ok. The results should be updated each time a new market is selected. Do you mean that not even the bet reference appeared in the results worksheet or did it appear with RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE? It can only show a result once the market is settled.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby SW » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:09 am

Seems to be working now since I hit the "restore 2 Refs from previous session" button. In the past not even the bet reference appeared in the results worksheet. However, there was one occasion that RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE appeared and never changed despite the result being available on Betfair.

I'll let you know if I have any more issues. I have probably been doing something wrong. Thanks Gary
SW

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:14 am

So you changed to another market after the market was settled and it still said RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE? If you was looking at Betfair's result service then that doesn't mean the result will be available in Betting Assistant. It can only know the result when the market is settled.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby SW » Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:56 am

thats correct, I changed to another market and it still said RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE. My Betfair balance had been updated on the Betfair website and also on BA when I refreshed the Account balance so I assume BA should have logged the result. Shouldnt the result always be available in BA if it's available on Betfair?
SW

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:07 pm

The result should be available if the market is settled. I will look into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:14 pm

The result is obtained from your account statement. So if it happens again can you check if it is visible on your account statement.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby SW » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:28 pm

The result is logging to my results sheet now. The last race result was RESULT_WON however one of my previous results disappeared when the latest one came in. It seemed to have been overwritten.

Also, when I cleared my quick pick list and added RSA win markets my last win result from AUS win markets changed to CANCELLED??
SW

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:50 pm

I'll look into it.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:02 pm

Sorry, I should know better. There is a limitation when using the log results feature. You cannot mix Australian markets and non Australian markets. To get around this limitation you need to keep the markets in separate tab pages .Click "New page" on the program menu to add a new tab page and use the market menu to add new markets to the new tab. You need to create a separate workbook for the second tab page and log to this separately. I will be fixing this limitation in a future release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Help